Trillium Falls Trail

Trillium Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile loop trail located near Orick, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October.

gotta love waterfalls , easy trail , great little spot

Loved the trail great start for the forest

Great, fairly easy hike through lots of Redwoods and some nice little falls. It was pretty in mid April when we went but I hear it’s better later in spring and summer when flowers are in full bloom.

Beautiful loop trail to the falls. We went beginning of May 2018. We do a lot of hiking in the redwoods and the first part of the trail had some really neat trees! The falls were beautiful very peaceful. By midday there were a lot of people on the trail however.

Very easy trail. Pretty typical Humboldt County trail, just with a small (but beautiful!) waterfall at the end. Really close to a lot of other fantastic hikes, so it's worth a stop if you're making a day trip.

easy trail one of my favs

If entering from Berry Glen road and down the bridge you will encounter a wide trail and sign that says Trillium falls trail it is deceiving you will continue thinking you are on the trail and pass the real trail with the only sign that says “trail”. The wide trail will continue around and you think your gtg however after 2 miles it ends by the forest taking whatever trail you are on over. Then you have to back track 2 miles. Turned out to be 7 miles total and back to Berry Glen road yikes!

A gorgeous hike with wildflowers, and beautiful waterfalls. Not too long, not too short. Almost lost my backpack and got myself stuck while attempting to climb a fallen Redwood...be careful when hiking alone, just saying.

Absolutely amazing! Stunning scenery and intimate experience of the forest. Best time is February. Nice weather, no crowds.

Quite an easy walk, we completed it in 50 mins. We also saw some Elk right next to the car park.

Stopped to hike this trail on a trip up the California coast. This temperate rainforest setting was amazing...felt like I was on a different planet!! So green and lush

Really mesmerizing experience. The trail is like small pathway with fern trees and big redwood tress along the way. The red pathway with the fallen leaves and green trees made our day! very blissful hike.
Definitely recommend people to go here. We started all dull but came out of the trail feeling refreshed.
Beautiful hike and incredible experience of being in forest full of oxygen.

Loved it.

This trail was awesome and very family friendly! I carried my 2 year old in a framed backpack and my friends 4 year old didn't get worn out until we were nearly back to the car. The Falls were relatively small because it was late summer, but I'm sure if you came in spring they would have a much more dramatic effect. Beautiful hike through a pretty incredible redwood grove. Will definitely do this again when we expect more water in the falls!

nice loop, small falls. great trees, ferns, loud road noise from 101, :(

Stunning! Absolutely beautiful. Tons of banana slugs!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

This is a spectacular hike through the groves and one of the most enjoyable we have come across. Start off early in the morning so as to not be bothered by others for a quiet hike amongst the redwoods.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

The falls are a bonus, it's the forest that really makes the trail great.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Beautiful, quiet, green and lush. Loved the elevation gain. We only passed two other hikers. A little muddy.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Loved this trail was worth the trip

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

This is a great VERY EASY hike to the falls. About
.2 miles to the falls. The falls are small but beautiful with great views of the redwoods.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

This is a moderate hike, but not too difficult if you take your time. I am 72 and I made it fine. Some large trees were down in trail and it was a challenge to cross over. I got muddy. Pretty area with water fall.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Great hike.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Beautiful. As good as it gets.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Very nice trail that's easy enough more people than just hikers can enjoy. There are a lot of beautiful trees to see here. The hike goes uphill gently then down with great panoramic redwood views 70% of the time. The only downsides is it starts out on asphalt, part of it is on an old roadbed and you always hear traffic noises from 101. Otherwise it would have been 5 stars from me. Don't expect much from the falls themselves. Not much to it... Highly recommend and it's one I'll do again.

Saturday, December 03, 2016

Very beautiful scenery, like from a fairytale. Sometimes even a little bit unreal. It is indeed a very easy walk, and the trail is very soft and smooth, but sometimes a little bit muddy.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

What a great trial. Felt like this was where they filmed part of the star wars movie where the Ewoks lived. Amazing waterfall. Easy hike more like a stroll

Thursday, September 08, 2016

It was one of the most beautiful places I have been.

Friday, August 05, 2016

Nice hike through amazing coastal redwoods. If you take the upper loop its .5-.7 miles to Trillium Falls

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

This was a fantastic trail for our family. Our kids (ages 13 down to 5) kept saying "look over here" or "did you see this yet" or "isn't this amazing?" We all loved it! Our 8 year old put it best - "We just started this hike and it's already unbearably awesome!"