Trillium Falls Trail

Trillium Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile loop trail located near Orick, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October.

Really pretty, easy trail with great views of the redwoods. We were the only ones on the trail.

Well marked, easy to find. No one on the trail. Elk nearby. A few benches to rest along the way, very peaceful.

waterfall is mothing grand but the trailer is pretty. Saw some elk. I cycled it.

beautiful trail, the falls are gorgeous. Mile markers would be nice for first timers. Watch your time in the winter PM. Quite a few signs of sasquatch.

We only had a little bit of daylight left and were in the vicinity so we chose this short, beautiful trail. Only problem was you could hear the street noise (hence the 4 stars). The park service is trying to re-establish the waterfall and creek which were covered over years ago due to logging…hence the pipe that someone complained about. But we found it quite beautiful.

Was really disappointed to find that Trillium Falls was water coming out of a pipe. Wouldn’t waste your time on this if you are just traveling.

Beautiful, wild and surprise.

Beautiful trail and a great hike. was all alone on the trail in late August. I will give warning that I ran into a black bear at the trailhead enjoying some of the black berries there. Yelling and waving my arms scared him off, but still a scary moment.

absolutely amazing trail. went in August and the water was still flowing. the hike was beautiful. didn't see a soul the whole hike. huge recommendation from me for a short hike.

Easy easy easy...decent redwood action, weak waterfall

A beautiful hike! My wife and I carried our lunch in our packs, and ate just after we got to the falls; an easy hike at that point. We decided to finish the entire 2.5 mile loop. Be warned! The last 2/3 of the hike is much more difficult, and--VERY important-- there is NO cell phone coverage in the area. I would upgrade this hike to above moderate for the entire loop; fairly easy for the hike to the falls. The Redwoods are spectacular, (better than LBJ Grove)! Oh yeah, I did not see even one Trillium; they must bloom at a different time of the year.

Nice trail. Went around 6pm. Was greeted in the end by a little brown bear. Really scary when hiking alone. But I calmly walked by and it didn’t come towards me. I was by bridge view the elk.

Beautiful hike! The waterfall is very small but there are endless blackberries!

gotta love waterfalls , easy trail , great little spot

Loved the trail great start for the forest

Great, fairly easy hike through lots of Redwoods and some nice little falls. It was pretty in mid April when we went but I hear it’s better later in spring and summer when flowers are in full bloom.

Beautiful loop trail to the falls. We went beginning of May 2018. We do a lot of hiking in the redwoods and the first part of the trail had some really neat trees! The falls were beautiful very peaceful. By midday there were a lot of people on the trail however.

Very easy trail. Pretty typical Humboldt County trail, just with a small (but beautiful!) waterfall at the end. Really close to a lot of other fantastic hikes, so it's worth a stop if you're making a day trip.

easy trail one of my favs

If entering from Berry Glen road and down the bridge you will encounter a wide trail and sign that says Trillium falls trail it is deceiving you will continue thinking you are on the trail and pass the real trail with the only sign that says “trail”. The wide trail will continue around and you think your gtg however after 2 miles it ends by the forest taking whatever trail you are on over. Then you have to back track 2 miles. Turned out to be 7 miles total and back to Berry Glen road yikes!

Monday, February 19, 2018

A gorgeous hike with wildflowers, and beautiful waterfalls. Not too long, not too short. Almost lost my backpack and got myself stuck while attempting to climb a fallen Redwood...be careful when hiking alone, just saying.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Absolutely amazing! Stunning scenery and intimate experience of the forest. Best time is February. Nice weather, no crowds.

Thursday, January 04, 2018

Quite an easy walk, we completed it in 50 mins. We also saw some Elk right next to the car park.

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Stopped to hike this trail on a trip up the California coast. This temperate rainforest setting was amazing...felt like I was on a different planet!! So green and lush

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Really mesmerizing experience. The trail is like small pathway with fern trees and big redwood tress along the way. The red pathway with the fallen leaves and green trees made our day! very blissful hike.
Definitely recommend people to go here. We started all dull but came out of the trail feeling refreshed.
Beautiful hike and incredible experience of being in forest full of oxygen.

Monday, September 18, 2017

Loved it.

Saturday, September 09, 2017

This trail was awesome and very family friendly! I carried my 2 year old in a framed backpack and my friends 4 year old didn't get worn out until we were nearly back to the car. The Falls were relatively small because it was late summer, but I'm sure if you came in spring they would have a much more dramatic effect. Beautiful hike through a pretty incredible redwood grove. Will definitely do this again when we expect more water in the falls!

Saturday, September 09, 2017