Training Hill

Training Hill is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cool, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This I good trail run not to hard and not to easy. Trail is in good condition for running, hiking. I will be back again

I absolutely love this trail. I've been here 4 weekends in a row, and I can see my progress. It's a great trail to test your ego and endurance. After the first time, I used the Stair Master two days later and ran out of energy a lot later than usual.

This trail is also great for trail running. I tried it today from the top to the bottom. Lots of fun :) You can wash off your shoes and legs in the river afterward.

This is an excellent trail if you're training for an event or just need a challenge. It is as difficult as you would expect, but if you're in decent shape, it is totally doable. The hills are challenging and the breaks are few, but merciful.

We did the loop from gate 150 and turned left just before the bridge. We took Training Hill all the way to the top, and continued on the intersection with Olmstead Loop. From there, we took the Western States/Wendell T. Robie back down to the parking area.

Most of the difficult terrain is in the shade. Views are few and far between. Overall, a great hike.

Kicked my rear!

It was good. River was absolutely stunning. going up was a good work out! got a little lost in the beginning though