Training Hill

Training Hill is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cool, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

10 minutes ago

The only reason this isn't a 5 star trail is because it's not full emersion. That being said, I LOVE this trail. Great cardio, fresh air, multiple trails, moss and Manzanita groves.

Getting ready to hike the Canadian Rockies this summer. This hill was a good reality check for the type of training I need to continue to be ready. I'm definitely tired.

The training hill climb is incredibly steep and tiring. Be prepared. The rest is easy and mostly downhill. Towards the end there is a waterfall that we went up using the rocks, it's a really cool experience so definitely try it.

We ran this loop twice (8.68 miles), made that hill climb twice. My Apple Watch said I climbed 190 floors/2000 feet elevation. It's leg day, whether you like it or not. Straight uphill for about a mile. After that, pretty much downhill around the rest of the loop. Loop is, 1 mile up: 3.5 miles slow decline.

Definitely a butt kicker! Bring your hiking sticks, to help with the steep incline and decline. I went after all the heavy rains in 2017 and trail was muddy with stream flowing through and along it. Nice views, small waterfalls and shady parts.

Incredible and challenging hike. The first mile was a steep incline. There's a nice clearing at the top for a quick snack. With all the recent rain we got to see several waterfalls. Such a beautiful day for this hike. I will definitely do this one again.

Awesome awesome loop trail. Im in ok shape and it wasn't too hard. After first mile it's pretty much downhill.

Not for the weak. I went today and struggled. Only made it half way before I turned around and came back. There are some open spots with beautiful overlooks of nearby Auburn.

I will come back when I gain more experience.

Skip the stair stepper!! This is leg day!! I took my dad here the day before yesterday and My legs are sore.. I can't imagine how my dads legs are...

Definitely a little soggy and slippery. I wouldn't want to do the Training Hill portion going down! Beautiful hike and lives up to its name.