Trail of 100 Giants

Trail of 100 Giants is a 1.3 mile loop trail located near Springville, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 121 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Please note: The road to the trailhead may close seasonally. Please be sure to check with the park prior to your visit.

Smells of Giant Cedar, Sequoias & Ponderosa Pines; excellent getaway to the top of Tulare County!

Liked school field trip, a lot of kids, nice place for families Love it Would come back again if I’m around there

Beautiful trail. Trees are ginormous. They were cutting back some of the smaller trees to maintain the area when we went. Very cool to watch. Hike with our dog on a leash. Plenty of people showed up just as we were leaving so try to arrive early. We were here on July 4, 2019.

Lots of people! Super dog friendly! This is my 3rd time coming, first time was mid-September last year and it wasn’t as crowded! This last weekend was 4th of July weekend and there was so many people there was lines to take pictures on trees! But super fun and easy for the puppy!

Great short hike with kids. The whole thing is paved which I don’t love but for some it might improve the experience. There was one section that was closed and some tree falling going on. My kids had fun watching a dead tree get cut down

Very easy trail, beautiful, huge trees. Most of the trail is on a asphalt path, but I don’t think it was smooth enough for a wheelchair. Parking is $5.00. There is a porta potty near the parking lot.

Breath taking

bridge out

Awe-inspiring glimpse into the natural processes of life in the plant kingdom. Part of the paved trail is blocked by a pair of massive ancients whose soil gave way underneath the thousands of tons of Sequoia bark. Once you climb the fallen sisters, you can see yet another fallen giant sitting atop the pair with what used to be a small bridge utterly devastated underneath it's crushing force. So many beautiful sights to see. Perfect for a day trip and hike with a little picnic to finish it off. Parking is $5 cash.

It a a short hike, filled with HUGE ponderosa and cedar trees. Mostly shaded trail and cooler weather they were cutting down lots of dead trees which was cool to see. Definitely a great place to come spend the day.

A lot of the trees are down due to a fire hazard. Part of the trail is closed to the public. Just walk around the signs and continue on.

bridge out

The trail has several fallen trees blocking the trail path, besides that, the giants are beautiful and is worth the trip.

This trail was fun for selfies and family. Very relaxing and overall fun walk. The trees are amazing would recommend doing a pick-nick. The drive to it was fun taking a nice leisurely day.

bridge out

My second time doing this path on 5/18/19. The trees were just as magnificent as before, however this time, another giant sequoia had fallen. It landed on the tree that previously fell a few years ago, taking out the bridge that went alongside it. You can walk off trail around the bridge to the left (West). The trunk cracked open and the fresh red innards could be seen (see my photos). Amazing, though a little sad.

I’m sure this is a great trail and so I don’t want to give it a poor rating however, please be aware that the roads to access the trail are completely closed in April and likely late fall, winter, and all of spring! I went all the way up the 56 to get there only to find the road closed with a big gate about a mile from the trailhead. Very disappointing as I don’t know if this is common knowledge for tourists!

This hike was a little disappointing. Went on this trail trip with my Bakersfield College Forestry class and the forester that guided us did not know anything about anything. The trees are big and the trail was really great for people with wheelchairs but wildlife was awkwardly absent. I really did not like that wildlife was absent.

11/24/18 Great little walk through some giants. Entire path is paved and highly trafficked. Very touristy location. It was pretty cool considering it was our first encounter with the sequoias. After we left here we drove north to hike Camp Nelson trail. It was a great balance as there were very few people and still saw some grand sequoias!

Great stroll.

The Giant Sequoias are absolutely magnificent. It's a really easy drive from Bakersfield and it gets pretty nice when you get closer, as the forest becomes more dense. It's a simple walk along a paved path so you can take anyone young or old. In fact, it's made to be wheelchair accessible. If you're looking for something a little more adventurous, take the same road a little farther north and head up Dome Rock for great views.

This is more of a nature walk, so if you're looking for a workout, it's probably not what you want. I personally wanted to see Sequoias and also have my dog able to come with me. Since pups arent allowed in the park, this hit the spot! The trail is very busy but most people are friendly and respectful. You get a chance to crawl around huge trees and stand in awe of these majestic giants. Highly recommend for small kids and dogs, and anyone else wanting to see Sequoia trees in a peaceful, shaded setting.

9-16-18. Short but great hike. if you are in the area, this is a most do. There Is a $5 fee, but it never hurts to support our parks.

easy

Paid $5 for parking Clearly marked trail on the other side of the road. Beautiful sequoias scattered throughout the trail. Can walk on a fallen one. A lot of the trees have burn marks on them. Nice walk through the woods. Very crowded when I went. Lots of tourist groups. Dog friendly. On leash. Very clean.

I have been coming here since I was a child. This is a great easy hike/walk. Perfect for younger family and friends... even the dogs! Pretty scenery and is a nice way to beat the heat of the valley in the summer.

This was a simple and gratifying trail with lots to see. To park, we had to pay a 5 dollar fee (not a big deal) for an ALL DAY pass. We arrived around 8am and hit the trail early. By the time we returned for lunch it was crowded with no available parking,so be an early bird. We brought the kids along so it wasn't a difficult hike. Definitely will return!

Easy, paved trail with great views of impressive redwoods. Good walk for kids.

The trees are amazing, the trail is a very light paved walk in a loop. It was a nice casual stroll. Be prepared to pay the GOV $5 for parking. And no an America The Beautiful pass will not be accepted.

We first walk this trail in April 2017 and the path was covered with downed trees and large branches and we had to crawl over or around the debris. We went again in May and June 2018 and it was a huge improvement, just a shame that there are people that have ruin the beauty of the trail with graffiti and carvings.