Trail Canyon Falls

Trail Canyon Falls is a 11.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tujunga, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail requires an adventure pass.

Great trail with a gentle assent through shade and a few water crossings, great for beginner trail runners. The route to Lazy Lucas (about 3 miles) is easy to follow, if a little scratchy on the legs in a few places that the foliage is a bit thick. Great views, quiet, and lightly traveled.

Past Lazy Lucas, the path is less defined and I relied on carins left by previous hikers to chart my way, and made some of my own to make sure I did not lose the track on my return trip.

I was attempting to make it to the saddle and then up to Condor peak, however, the trail after Tom Lucas Camp ground (about 5 miles) is pretty much nonexistent, and the only way I knew I was still on the right path was by using All Trails GPS. This was not just bush whacking, this was full on trail blazing, and after making it about only a 1/4 mile in about 25 min. I decided to turn back.

I tried to make it to Condor peak via Fox Peak previously, but was turned away by a dangerously washed out trail, but I I am determined, Especially after seeing the peak with its distinctive shape so close on this hike. I plan to return to this route with a machete and pink marker ribbon and hack my way through to the saddle, and will be sure to update if I manage to clear I path!

August 19th the creek is completely dry save for a few areas where there is stagnant water.

I hiked this with my boyfriend with the intention of going all the way to Tom Lucas Camp - I knew it was overgrown and the trail would be hard to find, but we wanted the trip to be a little adventurous.

We started around 3pm. The last climb before the waterfall is pretty tough especially in the heat, but we made it and continued our way down the trail skipping the waterfall trail that forks to the right (it was dry anyway). The trail after that continues to get less and less maintained. There is poison oak everywhere - before the waterfall, you'll have no trouble with it if you can identify it and use a stick in some areas to move it out of the way. Past the falls, requires a little more intention with where you step and what you're rubbing up against. Past Lazy Lucas Camp you will need hiking pants as the trail is little better than bushwacking, although it's not too difficult to follow as there are cairns and pink ribbon on some of the trees.

We were unable to find Tom Lucas Camp even when our GPS said we were right on top of it. The brush is so thick and we were not able to see any flat area where a campsight might have been. We doubled back and ended up pitching camp at about 6pm in a sandy opening where there was evidence that others had camped there before.

Be warned, the further areas of this trail are heavily infested with poison oak (we washed everything with Tecnu when we got home and I still expect for some to develop in the next couple of days).

We were completely isolated and slept in our tent without our fly - we broke camp and started back at about 7:30am. There return hike in the morning was really beautiful and nice! I'd love to go back once the creek starts flowing again.

Good workout and awesome views. BUT the waterfall that was so beautifully flowing a couple months back, is noe completely dry. would be a nice morning hike or sunset hike. I went at 1:00pm and the sun was excruciating, it is way too hot to take dogs right now as well. I took my dog and I regretted it. I had to carry her most of the way.

This was a great hike, but if you blink, you'll miss the area where you're supposed to stop and park. Got there round 730, hike took a cpl of hours. To get to the base of the waterfall, you have to go down a cpl of slopes with less than ideal footing, but there are ropes there and they help. I personally woulda got lost on the way back if it wasn't for the person I was with, but I would do this one again. Oh, and the waterfall is pretty kickass. Def majestic and stuff

This was a great hike. Unfortunately we left late (thanks to that person) but it was great! It's a bit of an incline I promise it's not as long as you would think I saw so many people turn around and they were just around the corner from the falls so keep going!! The water was pretty dry but not completely. I have done this twice and I definitely will do it again!

This trail is great for those looking for a decent trail with a nice cool dip at the end although be wary since finding your way their at times might find you searching the ground for a path when the unkept trail leads you astray.Beautiful waterfall that will have you using a rope as a rail to climb down for a quick dip or at top of ridge follow a trail straight that will have one atop the waterfall.Bring Water Be Safe Enjoii:)

Always enjoy this hike. I love that you climb up to the falls instead of going down first then climbing up so it makes the the hike even better to cool off once you reach the falls. The hike is about 40% shaded at first then you're in full exposure the rest of the way. Beautiful views and the residents are nice so be respectful

Great trail! We started at 6:30 in the morning and went all the way to lazy Lucas camp (3.1-ish miles in starting from the road). Trail goes in and out of shade and the stream crossings are fun. Started hiking at 6:30am and weren't in direct sun until after passing the falls. Glad we started early. Did 6.3 miles total with some dilly-dallying for photos and finished by 10:30am. Was just starting to get hot when we finished.