Trail Canyon Falls

Trail Canyon Falls is a 11.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tujunga, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and backpacking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail requires an adventure pass.

Nice desolate hike. Free parking and relatively easy to find. You'll cross a handful of streams, but you're going to mostly be in the sun walking up an incline. I went a little bit further than I was supposed to because there are no markers to the waterfall. Just start paying attention to paths that descend off the main one after seeing the waterfall from the trail. You should be able to view both the top and bottom. Lovely place for a solitary picnic!

Beautiful wild flowers & stunning tall waterfall.

Lovely trail with huge waterfall. You need to climb down to the base of the waterfall if you want to see it that way. It's best if you go with a couple of friends. I went by myself and didn't dare to as it was too stiff and dangerous.

Gorgeous waterfall! lots of water crossing, very little shade. sun hat and sun block, key! You'll have to climb down rocks using a rope to get to the waterfall. the water is freezing but feels amazing after hiking those few miles under the sun. climb back up and continue the trail to check out the top of the fall. it was a little over 5 miles roundtrip.

Beautiful hike! Lots of creek crossings. There is also alot of sun exposure so bring lots of water and lather on some sun block. There is some incline towards the end when you are reaching the falls. Otherwise the trail is pretty steady and pretty.

This is a great scenic trail that has lots of river crossings and a waterfall to enjoy at the end.

Beware of poison oak. Fantastic day hike. We parked at the road and walked into to trailhead...4/19/17. The gates were closed today. Not a maintained trail but certainly well used and super easy to stay on track. We checked out the top of the waterfall and the bottom pool area. Easily hiked with 3 in shape tween-agers. There is a register at the beginning of the trail. Inside was the register, a red beanie, a key fob and a pair of reading glasses. :) Happy Hiking!

Nice hike it took about an hour and 5 minutes to get to the waterfall from the main highway. Great views in a lovely Canyon.

The waterfall is gorgeous and well worth taking the path down. We went past the waterfall up to Condor Peak and made it an 18 mile loop. Trail was overgrown north of waterfall to its junction with Condor Peak Trail. Parts were nearly impassable and we had a hard time staying on trail. Poison Oak was everywhere and I had a few ticks by the end of the trip. The views on top were great. We did have to walk the road for two miles back to the car.

Hard Incline with a beautiful sights. Went to waterfall and back. Will do it again.

I heard mixed reviews about needing an adventure pass for this trail, so I'd advise just to display one anyway. The trailhead itself is off the highway just over the hill on the dirt road. I hear sometimes the gate for the dirt road is open, but on a Monday at 10:45 am the gate was locked. So we parked at the entrance (don't block the gate because people live back there) and hiked the extra bit of road to the trailhead.

It was a cool day (about 64 degrees), and we got a late start. But the sun exposure for most of this trail is intense, and it felt warm through the entire hike. Don't forget to not only bring, but reapply the sunscreen. Bring bug spray too, as the mosquitos at the beginning of the trail are everywhere.

Once you pass the creek and an oak tree with a beautiful hollow in the middle (which someone's ruined by putting junk in it) the incline along the canyon wall begins. This is where it heats up. But the views are beautiful and the flowers are everywhere too.

The falls are located at about the 2 mile mark, so you don't have to do all 11 miles of this trail. Just to the falls and back is a little over 4 miles (considering the closed road).

You see the falls from a distance before you reach them. There is an obvious trail that splits to the right to reach the base of the falls. It's a little steep and rocky at one point, so don't be afraid to get on your butt and test which roots and rocks you use as leverage. I brought my 53 lbs shepherd mix dog with me and he made it down and up no problem.

At this point we turned around and went back. I've heard you can go further up the trail which will split to the right again and lead you to the creek, which you can walk down to reach the top of the falls. Also, you can continue on to do the entire 11 plus mile trail. More power to those who do.

Be sure to watch out for snakes while you're hiking. We saw a beautiful racer snake, but it was the juvenile rattlesnake that my cousin almost stepped on that got our attention. She was paying attention to where she stepped too, except for that two seconds I distracted her. Luckily our trusty snake stick (walking stick really) helped moved the little guy on before he decided to strike at the foot she had frozen in the air at the horrified scream of terror from me when I saw the debacle about to happen. Sooooo just be very aware.

Despite this review being filled with cautions, this ended up being one of my favorite hikes. I loved it and hope you do too!

Este Camino esta muy relajante