Trabuco Creek Road

Trabuco Creek Road is a 10.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Trabuco Canyon, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Not even a trail. This is a rocky road that no car less than a Jeep should travel down. Don’t waste your time unless your looking for dirt bike trails.

I would not hike this trail from the beginning. I would suggest driving to the end, park and hike where cars cannot go. It was a little busy and dusty today (Sunday).

off road driving

Very easy, very cool. Traffic was moderate, and everyone very friendly and courteous. Had a blast, and what a rush to drive out and hit the smooth flying on the canyon roads after. Good stuff!

off road driving

Did a day and night run last weekend (12/3/17) in a stock 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport. Although bumpy as heck, the majority of the trail was quite mild and very accessible to 2wd and factory height cars as we saw a Toyota Prius, Mini Cooper and Infiniti G35 Sedan among the trails as well! There are several "side quests/challenges" that would serve some 4x4 fun along with Holy Jim trail, but not so sure our little Subie could tackle it without a lift and some good rubber! Great trail for beginners and relaxed trail cruising!

Long, relatively boring hike to the trailhead for the Holy Jim trail. Be prepared that people in vehicles will be blowing by, driving to the trailhead.

off road driving

This is a road that a prius could easily travel down. There are very short side trails covered in trash weaving back and forth from the main road to the other side of the river bed. But they are all 2wd accessible..

off road driving

simple dirt road, good for an outing if you live close by. watch out for enduro riders and vehicles going way way too fast. Before the Cleveland forest part there is an area of short trails that are more challenging good place to practice.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Drove in my BMW and I never seen so many jeep drivers turn their head all in one direction...

Friday, May 26, 2017

Is this trail only for street legal vehicles or OHV (Green or Red sticker) are also allowed?

Friday, February 17, 2017

this trail is bad ass the first mile is all dirt there's some cool bumps of dirt and little hills for off road cars and trucks after that one mile you enter a Forest so beautiful you park your car and start walking alone the creek till the trail stops !!! awesome

Thursday, February 02, 2017

can someone tell me if this place lets you off road now

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Just an FYI for anyone who doesn't follow the Trabuco Ranger District closure page. This road is now limited to residents only due to several severe mud slides yesterday that took the road out and buried several cars. According to the TRS (Trabuco ranger station) this road will be closed until further notice and access to Holy Jim/ Horsethief Canyon will be limited to North Main Divide road (which is also closed for the winter) so as of now, Holy Jim is inaccessible from either direction.

Monday, December 12, 2016

The ACTUAL Trabuco Canyon Trail is gorgeous. The track that is depicted here is for Trabuco Creek Road, the horrible road to the trail head. Literally. The end of this road/track is the trail head. Then take the trail 1.7 miles where it splits. Trabuco Canyon Trail is to the right, Horsethief trail to your left. if doing the loop, go UP Horsetheif and down Trabuco. Horsethief has a lot of sun exposure, no shade, steep and lots of loose rock (sketchy on way down). Trabuco Canyon trail is primarily under the gorgeous trees, although some exposure. Seriously, this track should be removed. it is not helpful to anyone.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

I wouldn't consider this a hiking trail by any means. There is nothing natural about this trail. You hike along inaccessible private property, share a dusty road with off road vehicles, not forgetting to mention trash on the side of the road. Pictures are deceptive because they don't represent what the hike actually is. This trail should be closed to hikers because it's somewhat dangerous, off-road vehicles to watch for as well as the sheer amount of dust you will inhale.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

I cant believe people call this a trail. its a gravel dirt rd with people flying past you. your eating dust the whole time. I dont even want to give it 1 star. they took the photo from CO or something because this is not what it looks like.

Friday, September 09, 2016

Couldn't go all the way since it was closed due to recently fire.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

The biggest problem with this hike was the constant dirt, dust, and debris we had to breath in due to sharing the dirt path with vehicles. Also, we went during the first weekend of July and were caught by a storm of mosquitos and gnats from the dried up river. Although we couldn't find restrooms, I rated this hike four stars because parking was free and there was a flying school you could watch as you hike down the road. Furthermore, the scenery was very picturesque and beautiful.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Beautiful trail, hiked it to Trabuco Peak. Definitely not an "easy" trail as marked in this app.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

This is a nice local hike. When hiking, you share a dirt/unpaved road with mountain bikers and cars. It's beautiful since there's a stream that leads to a waterfall towards the end of the trail to make it worthwhile. The hike has minimal shading so make sure you bring a good hat to block the sun from your face.

The only downside of this trail is that you share the road with cars... There were a lot of pre-runners and vehicles that kicked up a lot of dust. In my case, I had a truck passed me at high speeds next to me, kicking up rocks and dust towards me--not pleasant in my opinion.

All in all, I will definitely do this again soon... From my experience, I just recommend bringing a handkerchief or mask to cover your face from dust/douchebags.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

It was moderate. My dogs were all over the smells a few bikes today it definitely wanted to poor rain but thank hid it didn't. The drive up n back takes for ever and why oh God why are Saturday drivers on the 5&405 so sloowwww

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Great, many Access very long and hard to get lost even at night

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A very moderate trail. A good workout for your legs and cardio. I recommend it.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Great trail good workout going up west horsethief then make the loop around trabuco loop..close to being 11.5mi.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

I love this place!

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

This hike was awesome. It took a long time and is not easy. If you are out of shape but are mentally tough you can do it. Once you get to the top and can see lake Elsinore it will make it all worth the pain. Bring lots of water and make sure to leave early before it gets really hot. The decent will kick your butt with the steep switchbacks so be ready. Last but not least, the mountain bikers on the trail that we experienced were not concerned with the hikers at all so beware. If you can hack it, you won't regret it!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

This was a beautiful hike. Did the West Horsethief Trail, lots of trees, wooded areas, creeks and cabins along the way to enjoy. The five mile road to the parking lot is a little rough if you don't have a truck or 4-wheel drive. The parking pass was $5 and can be purchased at the general store which is off of Trabuco Oaks. Had the pleasure of meeting Mike Millekan who is one of the firefighters for The Holy Jim Fire Dept which is along the trail. I'm looking forward to going back to do the Trabuco Canyon trail. Make sure to bring bug repellant, there were lots of gnats mosquitos.

Saturday, February 04, 2012

I love this hike. Me and my buddy just did it again yesterday! We didn't do 11 miles we went to the fork at 1.75 miles and turned back. It's awesome to see the trees change into pines and the trail offers great views of the canyon!

We hiked with his Goldie and my 7 month old on my back! It's up hill with about 700 feet of elevation gation gain in 1.5 miles. So it's a bit tough. If it's wet season there are a few water crossings that might be tough.

The old car is something I've started to investigate. How'd it get here? When did it show up? Graffiti says 1968?

When there's been a good wet season there are a few good pools to play in that the dogs love too! We are going to go back and explore some of the cool side trails. There are some very steep side shoots that get you down to the canyon floor that we would love to see. We'd also love to have someone et s in the mine!