Towsley Canyon Short Loop

Towsley Canyon Short Loop is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Clarita, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I started hiking this as a fun weekend activity but recently started making it one of my weekly workouts. It’s perfect to workup a good sweat and get in some challenging cardio. It takes me between 25-35 minutes generally. Fairly busy trail, so watch out for other people, but everyone has always been friendly and said hello. The views are awesome, though the 5 impacts the view a little, but it’s nothing that will interrupt your hike. Challenging and quick.

Great short hike with good views from the top.

I absolutely LOVE this hike. It takes me about an hour to finish, so it's great for a quick evening workout. My only recommendation to hikers is if you are going in the evening, make sure to take insect repellant. I can't wait to go on the larger loop!

My 6 year old son and I tried this trail with my 78 year old mother. Mom did well up until she saw the portions that ran along the mountainside and then she decided to turn around. This morning, my son and I tried again. This time we made the entire loop. My son was very enthusiastic about our having found a trail he could complete in its entirety. If it wasn't for her fear of heights, I bet mom could have done the whole trail, too.

Wonderful short hike within towsley canyon with beautiful views, a good quick up and around and down. Perfect for a quick trail run

Great trail to do with little kids.

Saturday, January 13, 2018

The short loop is my go-to quick 30 minute (including stopping to take a photo here and there) get-my-heart-pumping trail run spot. In the spring its full of wildflowers! Its a perfect amount of up for cardio if you want it, but not so much that the kids get discouraged. Its a great trail to begin with for new hikers.