Towsley Canyon Short Loop

Towsley Canyon Short Loop is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Clarita, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My 6 year old son and I tried this trail with my 78 year old mother. Mom did well up until she saw the portions that ran along the mountainside and then she decided to turn around. This morning, my son and I tried again. This time we made the entire loop. My son was very enthusiastic about our having found a trail he could complete in its entirety. If it wasn't for her fear of heights, I bet mom could have done the whole trail, too.

Wonderful short hike within towsley canyon with beautiful views, a good quick up and around and down. Perfect for a quick trail run

Great trail to do with little kids.

The short loop is my go-to quick 30 minute (including stopping to take a photo here and there) get-my-heart-pumping trail run spot. In the spring its full of wildflowers! Its a perfect amount of up for cardio if you want it, but not so much that the kids get discouraged. Its a great trail to begin with for new hikers.

recorded Towsley Canyon Short Loop