Torrey Pines State Beach and Broken Hill Trail Loop [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(313)
Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve

Torrey Pines State Beach and Broken Hill Trail Loop [CLOSED] is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Del Mar, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 370 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

closed

NOTE: The Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve is under a full closure currently due to COVID-19. There is no public access to this area. Please check here for updates: https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=657

fee

Great hike. Pack a lunch and enjoy.

Lovely area with gradual ascents & descents. A California Kingsnake passed in front of me. I’m definitely not a snake lover but it was cool looking. I parked about a mile south and walked/ran to the trail which added another couple miles & saved $20.

Really pretty hike can get a swim in at the halfway point so plan accordingly...

If you see we got off the AllTrails route bc it doesn’t match the posted ones. Good views the whole time

Nice view

Absolutely stunning views! I love that the trails go down to the beach. Be prepared to pay 20 dollar parking.

This is a mellow hike with beautiful views of the ocean. I recently made a youtube video to help guide you and give you the 411 before heading there for your next hiking adventure:) Link: https://youtu.be/67wbduhu10M

One of my favorites

it was very pretty and one of the better trails in the park. I would recommend for all skill levels!

DO NOT GO IF IT HAS RAINED! Wait until 24 hours after rain stops then the trails will be re-opened if they're safe. I went before sunrise and parked for free down by the beach. I trekked up the hills and was not alone, it was very popular for runners so it felt safe. Once I got to the trails they were closed. I kept going down the paved road to Old Highway 1 almost to the golf course. Even though I didn't get to see what I came for, the hike was still challenging and worth it. Great views. Really liked seeing traffic on the 5 freeway from a distance and not driving in it for once. I will be back another time.

Started from a neighborhood on Carmel Valley since I wanted free parking. It was like 4 miles round trip. Beautiful views and workout up the hills. I’d recommend starting early since this is a popular trail.

Amazing views and great kept up trail. Good for all ages, bring water for the hike back up!

A beautiful hike to the beach and through trails along the sandstone cliffs. Majestic views of the ocean. Some stairs and rocks were pretty steep and slippery so would recommend wearing hiking shoes.

Sat Apr 06 2019

Torrey pines Laura and Lucas.

Fri Mar 29 2019

Beautiful view however, very crowded, payed 25$ for parking, a good part of the trail was closed for construction

Tue Jan 22 2019

$25 for state parks parking lots today.

Wed Jan 17 2018

Amazing reviews. Not much of an incline when compared to other trails. But still a good workout and the views are breathtaking. Will def do again. Parking fee was $15 which is worth it.

Sun Dec 31 2017

It was closed when we went

Tue Nov 07 2017

Temporarily closed

Thu Oct 19 2017

High traffic and short, but good views! It was worth a one-time visit.

Sat Oct 14 2017

Hike

Thu Sep 07 2017

We parked free on street near the Lodge to get to south side but south trailhead was temporarily closed

Fri Aug 04 2017

One of my favorites. Can park for free on side streets across the street from the golf course and access from the south side.

Sun Jul 30 2017

It was nice , narrow roads and too much crowd. we completed in 1hr and went down to beach then took beach walk to get back to car. I would recommend this trail. go before 9 so you will get parking.

Mon Jul 17 2017

Great to go in the morning and then relax on the beach when you're done

Tue Jun 20 2017

I love everything about this trail. Once you make it up the big hill, there are several paths you can take. A real scenic route. You'll end up on the beach and can walk back to your starting point. Lots of places to stop and take pictures too.