Topanga Canyon Loop

Topanga Canyon Loop is a 10.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Santa Monica, California that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Nice getaway from the crazy LA crowds nice views. Not overrun with people

Just finished this hike in about 4 hours. The trail is a bit difficult to follow and confusing but if you follow the map given you will be ok. Had to backtrack a couple times. 40% of this hike is through residential and private roads which is weird and honestly takes away from the hiking experience, in my opinion. However, the other 60% of this hike is awesome! A well-groomed trail with some decent hills to keep your heart rate up and some really beautiful views. I would not rate this as hard. Definitely moderate.

Beware: this trail is "dog-friendly" up until the last 2/3 of the hike is in the state park which does NOT allow dogs at all. Even on a leash. We took our dog and kept going regardless of the signs. No one caught us so it worked out fine. And we also saw other dogs on the trail. Just beware of rangers if you want to risk it.

I probably wouldn't do this hike again from the starting point given because of the residential streets. I would maybe try to find another entrance. That's why I gave it 3 stars.

Great hike with some pretty cool views. Did this hike with a friend in about 2hrs 20mins. Definitely start on Arteique Rd and end on Chaney Dr. It was a little confusing to find the trail in the beginning but definitely follow the map and you'll get a good leg workout in.

While the tip part of the hike is amazing a very large percentage of it is on roads. Just something people should be aware of.

tough uphill climb. no breaks. very challenging. wonderful views

Amazing hike. We took the back roads coming from the 101fwy. The hike is moderate but its worth it due to all the amazing thing's you will see. The sun is unforgiving so pack plenty of water and always remember a snack.
#DiscoverMoreLA

Amazing.

There are a lot of option, but it is a tough trail with little to no shade. I see some crazy bikers going up the hill and can't imagine how it's possible. Great workout , good views, but pretty crowded and not very diverse views

Easy - I did the eagle rock walk,but will look around for more challenging trails

geocaching

Awesome!

Kinda difficult just remember to stay hydrated !