Tony Look Trail to Coyote Ridge to Lookout Trail Loop

Tony Look Trail to Coyote Ridge to Lookout Trail Loop is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cupertino, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,017 feet Route Type: Loop

Park at the Staging Area off of Stevens Canyon Road.

Great hike, especially around the lake area

Did one side of shaded hiking. It was excellent with kids. There are many little bridges, fallen trees and flowers which is exciting for the kids. We also saw deer and many birds. Dam and reservoir made this hike more fun.

Nice trail. I recommend go to the left and come out to right side since right side is more shaded. left side is open and almost no shade but if u go in the morning it’s cool enough.

I started counter clockwise and went up to the lake, nice views. Took my dog, plenty of sun/shade, we were even able to find a few spots to relax near the water.

The trail around the lake was nice, however long stretch of completely exposed dirt trail and near power lines. We went clock wise , perhaps counter clockwise is better.

beware of unleashed dog!

beautiful loop! Did it counter- clockwise as recommended to have ascends in the shade and beautiful views across the lake in the 2nd half of the run. Ridge area is exposed and can be very hot. Loves that it has up and down but also even stretches where you can just run. Views across the bay are breathtaking. Will certainly be back!

Beautiful trail by stream and lake. However continual (100 shots every minute or two) gunfire from a shooting range by the lake ruins the experience. We could hear it for over a mile on the trail.

So many great look out points and terrains. From hiking in the open hills, to covered forest and rushing streams. This is one of my favorite hikes. Great for dogs!

This trail was pretty nice! Weather was especially nice today. Muddy in a few spots but overall a solid trail. We will be back! Brought our dog and found 3 ticks on him, just a heads up! Also poison ivy/oak if you stray off trail at all!

Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Started in the parking lot - went to the right// uphill switch backs that opened up at the top to lots of wide trails towards the dam it switched back to the switchback- mostly shade. Was fun to do with Kona the trailblazer.

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Running it counter clockwise makes all the uphill climbs in the shade!

Monday, June 11, 2018

As someone who hasn't been hiking much in a while, I found this hike challenging but do-able. I highly recommend going to the right (East) first to get the really steep part out of the way first (I imagine it's also really hard on the knees to go down that slope). It's tough but less than a mile. The GPS sent me to a trailhead on the side of the road with no parking lot, but there was space for maybe 4 cars to park there. There may be a better place nearby to park further south but I didn't look because there was space at the trailhead. It's about 50% shaded, and the trees are really beautiful. I went on a nice Saturday afternoon, and although I did see a few other hikers, it was nowhere near as busy as some of the more obvious trails that are this close to residential areas.

Friday, May 11, 2018

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Beautiful trail and views just ALOT of poison oak is why I removed one star

Monday, March 12, 2018

This was a great hike, but it is NOT easy. The Tony Look portion along the reservoir is a narrow trail with slight elevation changes that I would classify as easy. Once you get to Coyote Ridge it’s a huge grind to the top. Beautiful and worth doing but be prepared for a strenuous climb and bring some water. The loop took us 2.5 hours and we are one very fit and two reasonably fit adults.

Thursday, February 08, 2018

Starts out steep, but fairly light once up top. Descent on Coyote Ridge is long and, at times, quite steep. Wear good hiking shoes. Portions on Lookout Trail and Tony Look trail are single file trails only. Much of Tony Look trail is under tree cover, as is Lookout Trail, but the rest if pretty exposed, so keep that in mind on very sunny and hot days. Do not suggest young children due to overall duration (abt 3 hours), but use your judgement.

Saturday, February 03, 2018

Just did this trail. Though it’s just 5.5 miles with all its ups and downs it took a group of us 3 hours. Great hike - just budget the time.

Monday, December 25, 2017

Went to the trail few times. Like its view of Stevens Creek Reservoir.

Monday, December 18, 2017

This is a beautiful trail for most of it. It takes about 3.5 hours to do the 5.5 miles. It's a little bit too much for a 3.5 and 5.5 year old kids. I had to carry them for part of it, but in the end, they were happy going on the adventure.

Sunday, October 29, 2017