Tokopah Valley Trail to Tokopah Falls

Tokopah Valley Trail to Tokopah Falls is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

Like Yosemite Valley, Tokopah Valley was shaped by a glacier. This trail leads you under the canopy of pines and firs as you pass an occasional meadow and creek-crossings with a rewarding waterfall at the end.

10 seconds ago

Easy trail, elevation gain was just perfect for the beginners I that were with me.

If you like an easy hike next to a creek this is a perfect trail. Almost entire trail shaded by large trees, follows the creeks all the way to the fall. Last hundred yard narrow, rocky. The fall was beautiful.

10/10 recommend! Easy hike with an amazing view

Amazing!!

My husband & I are in our late 40's and in mediocre shape. We both enjoyed the various landscapes of the hike with gradual incline, meadows, wildflowers, sounds of rushing & trickling river along the entire trail. We rested on a boulder below the falls with a view of the valley, granite cliffs, glorious falls (even in late August). Watched a bear walk across a large boulder to forge berries off the branches around the boulder for over an hour from the same spot. It was glorious. Our day was warm but bearable. We had a backpack with lunch & icepack around some drinks. Beautiful and the drive was pretty easy from central valley.

The view is wonderful. Could be a little bit hot if hiked in the early afternoon. The last part of the trail is a bit rocky which gets slippery when wet.

young black bear spotted while hiking.
It is rocky at the end of trail.Waterfall is gorgeous.
Trail is shaded w/spectacular tree,,green,,
Awesome trail..

This was our first real trail as a family and it was spectacular. It was a beautiful trail and the waterfall was magnificent. It was my husband, myself, our 8 yr old, 6 yr old, 3 yr old, and our dog. The 3 year old was carried because she just had to have a nap. The older kids made it all the way.