Tokopah Valley Trail to Tokopah Falls

Tokopah Valley Trail to Tokopah Falls is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Red Fir, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

Like Yosemite Valley, Tokopah Valley was shaped by a glacier. This trail leads you under the canopy of pines and firs as you pass an occasional meadow and creek-crossings with a rewarding waterfall at the end.

Beautiful hike along a beautiful stream in the beginning. It's all rocky at the end, but still easy.

Well defined dirt trail that has an amazing payoff at the end. The elevation gain is on the way to Tokopah Falls so coming back is nice and easy. There’s a section that requires picking your way over granite boulders so non-slip shoes are a good idea. Since this is an easy hike, many people were wearing flip flops and struggling on this section. The Kaweah River runs next to the trail adding to the trail’s beauty.

Great trail. Went in late May and the waterfall was amazing. Took about 2 1/2 hours round trip. Not hard or too steep

We ran into a actor who was coming back from fly fishing.

A great little hike. Best done early in the season so you get to enjoy the falls when they are flowing. I have hiked this quite a few times. Anticipate bear sightings - I've seen a bear over half the times I've been on this hike. Great hike for kids or people who are out of shape and want the opportunity to enjoy beautiful scenery.

I would hike this every weekend, the canyon leading up to the falls alone is just gorgeous. Very lucky to be here in mid May for the amazing full power of the falls. Tokopah falls was a major highlight of our trip.

Beautiful cascading waterfall at the end of the trail. This hike may be classified as easy but it does have a gradual incline most of the way up. it also becomes very rocky in the last stretch which could be difficult for some. Nice walk through the forest beautiful views of the river and mountains the entire way. Would love to do this trail again

Great, easy hike. Good for kids, not too much incline. Gets busy on weekends and in the summer.

The falls are great but depending on the rain/snow of the season it might be a rushing torrent or barely a trickle during dry years.

Perfect little easy day hike.

Easy to find trail head, and lots of parking when we arrived at 10am. The scenery was beautiful and the hike was just long enough. Some fellow hikers but not crowded. I had my ten year old with me and he did just fine. Due to run off from heavy snows the falls and river were super full and the water was moving very quickly. The climb near the falls is rocky so caution is advised. Keep an eye out for the local marmots who will pose for a photo or two. I recommend this hike to all ncluding small children 6 & up.

Wonderful trail, must do if having enough time.

I have done this trail a total of 3 times and would highly recommend it. Very easy and the views are stunning. Hiked it in the summer and conditions were perfect. Great day hike!

Beautiful views, moderate to difficult hike during end of March due to hiking in quite a bit of snow. Easy to follow the trail and follow the river and the end view was worth the hike. One way in and one way out!

love this trail...

Did this trail yesterday, 3/27/18. The trail was covered with snow. Not too bad going in but as the day warmed up the snow became soft and slushy. overall great hike

I LOVE this hike. If you are looking to do a shorter hike with a great payoff this one is the one! We went in the middle of June and there was still snow! The waterfall at the end was amazing and full. There is a nice flat rock right by the waterfall that we had our picnic lunch at. You will get misted by the waterfall but we thought that was very refreshing. There is also a river right next to the trail for most of the way which was beautiful. I loved the sound of the rapids and how clear the water was!

Great hike even in February cool to see the iced over waterfall!!!

The kids had a great time. There was still some snow, so the kids enjoyed that. Would definitely do again!

Fun hike took the family and enjoyed it!

Short hike. Awesome Canyon! Look forward to seeing the fall during spring run off.

Great hike for the baby and wife! Carrier friendly and falls were amazing

Easy trail, elevation gain was just perfect for the beginners I that were with me.

If you like an easy hike next to a creek this is a perfect trail. Almost entire trail shaded by large trees, follows the creeks all the way to the fall. Last hundred yard narrow, rocky. The fall was beautiful.

10/10 recommend! Easy hike with an amazing view

Amazing!!

My husband & I are in our late 40's and in mediocre shape. We both enjoyed the various landscapes of the hike with gradual incline, meadows, wildflowers, sounds of rushing & trickling river along the entire trail. We rested on a boulder below the falls with a view of the valley, granite cliffs, glorious falls (even in late August). Watched a bear walk across a large boulder to forge berries off the branches around the boulder for over an hour from the same spot. It was glorious. Our day was warm but bearable. We had a backpack with lunch & icepack around some drinks. Beautiful and the drive was pretty easy from central valley.

The view is wonderful. Could be a little bit hot if hiked in the early afternoon. The last part of the trail is a bit rocky which gets slippery when wet.

young black bear spotted while hiking.
It is rocky at the end of trail.Waterfall is gorgeous.
Trail is shaded w/spectacular tree,,green,,
Awesome trail..

This was our first real trail as a family and it was spectacular. It was a beautiful trail and the waterfall was magnificent. It was my husband, myself, our 8 yr old, 6 yr old, 3 yr old, and our dog. The 3 year old was carried because she just had to have a nap. The older kids made it all the way.