Tokopah Valley Trail to Tokopah Falls

Tokopah Valley Trail to Tokopah Falls is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

Like Yosemite Valley, Tokopah Valley was shaped by a glacier. This trail leads you under the canopy of pines and firs as you pass an occasional meadow and creek-crossings with a rewarding waterfall at the end.

Beautiful hike and it ends with an incredible waterfall and views of towering snowy mountains. My wife also got very winded on this trail probably due to the altitude. I do highly recommend it. The rushing creeks along the way made for great break spots and the kids love putting their feet in it. It is not 3.7 miles. I counted more like 5-6 miles round trip.

This is a really nice trail. I went the beginning of June, the current of the waterfall and river were very strong. We started our hike around 10:30am and saw only a few people headed to the falls and some people returning. You start off hiking along the river and for the most part you get a good view of river. The scenery is amazing. The very last part of the trail (0.2 mile) gets a little rocky. This trail is rated "easy", unfortunately, I ended up getting altitude sickness which made the hike very difficult for me. I was able to make it to the waterfall where we took a long break and had lunch. There was a lot of other people there enjoying the view and having lunch. Beware of the rodents! They are very cute. They come out of the rocks crevices and want to steal your food. On the way back from the falls we passed by a lot of other people headed to the waterfalls, so start early to avoid crowds. We didn't see any bears or deers.

First time out in years, didn't disappoint! Very mild, beautiful views, very busy. Great for beginners or re-entry hikers. Wonderful people on the trails though!

This is a fantastic short hike from the Lodgepole campground. The waterfalls were going full blast in June. You could do this hike and a few others in the area for a full hiking day, as Lodgepole is centrally located at a number of trailheads.

Easy hike with spectacular view of a waterfall. We saw two black bear in the morning around 8:30 AM. And a handful of marmot along the way. Definitely worth the stop and short hike. The last waterfall is beautiful.

This is one of the most beautiful little hikes you will find. The whole thing is under four miles and there is minimal elevation gain. You will find rushing water, granite mountains, and waterfalls all along this path. Here is a link to a short video I made for this trail: https://youtu.be/7jZv0ypiBEA

Great year round trail. Get lucky and you may spot a Black bear :)

The vertical gain on these almost feels absent because it is so gradual. For the short amount of hiking, the views and the waterfall are well worth it! Felt like I should have had to hike 10 miles for it. We were here when the park was slow so we hardly saw anyone.

Very enjoyable hike for families. The scenery was breathtaking.

Awesome hike! I really loved the change of scenery and the smell of the woods. The Tokopah Falls is pretty but make sure to bring a rain jacket or a jacket so you don't get too cold. :)

I really love this trail, the most beautiful scenes a long the way, at first I just tried to find a hiking trail has waterfall around Sequioa, This hiking trail in the camping area, very easy to hike, We also saw 3 bears were eating ants or whatever at a side of the way, I was so scare at first but the bears weren't bothering to look at us lol, they were so close.. At the top of the mountain is still cover with beautiful white snow! The waterfall at the end is totally worth the time! It is so beautiful, thanks God for the rains this year , it made everything so beautiful!

This was really gorgeous and quite easy. The views of the waterfall are great, and I loved being able to feel the mist and cool off a bit. Would be great for the whole family.