TJ Lake via Lake George is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mammoth Lakes, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September.

We hiked to the lake from the lake George parking. We first hiked around Barrett Lake and then around TJ lake. The trail get tricky around this lake and is hard to find at times. We followed a trail near the stream back down to Lake George to make it a loop.

Nice hike, did it with my 4 grandchildren ages 8, 6, 4, and 2. The older 3 did the complete hike the 2 year old had a backpack that we carried him in part of the way. Pretty view of Lake George. Wildflowers were pretty and the lake was nice.

Easy and nice walk but there are hikes with better views.

this is the best like ever because it's named after my son.

Hands down, this was my favorite lake in the area. You can do a quick walk from Lake George or make a larger hike past a few lakes over to Emerald and catch the shuttle back. TJ offered the best views around.

Hiked to Barrett Lake first. Barrett Lake was the highlight. The loop around Lake TJ... the trail disappeared in the marsh and I couldn’t find a path that wasn’t through water. Had to turn back and leave the way I came in. Disappointing.

recorded Recording - Oct 09 10:30 AM