Tin Mine Canyon Trail

Tin Mine Canyon Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Corona, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice, easy trail that is shaded in most parts. Pretty oak trees line the way as you follow a thin creek.

The walk up to the actual trailhead is a paved path behind a residential area and then a dirt road...that part was kind of a bummer, to be honest. Dry, not scenic, trash and dog doodles everywhere and be sure to slather on the sunscreen there is no shade on this part. Once you hit the actual Tin Mine trail it gets better! Pretty, nice shady spots for breaks, the mine itself is pretty interesting. and overall an easy trail with minimal elevation change. There is a cute little creek which only had water in a few spots in April, but either way, the trail is quite lovely and lots of little creatures too. Was pretty crowded as well, but for how close it is, it still felt like a hike in the woods. :)

I've done this trail several times and its awesome. At some point after you split off from the main road you'll see an old mine and then theres a semi-hidden path a little past that which breaks off and goes up to the ridge. Some people have set up some ropes to help scale some sections of that side trail. It'll get you winded if you're a little out of shape but its doable. I definitely recommend looking for that off chute (its been a while since I've hiked it so I can't give you any pointers off the top of my head. Only thing I can tell you is that it starts on one of those side footpaths on your left that meets back up with that trail in 30 feet but breaks off from that. Pretty soon you'll be funneled into a narrow canyon that'll keep you single file for a moment). We've made it to the ridge twice and just take the ridge back down and it pops out behind those houses at the beginning.
I've continued past that ropes trail once and both of us hiking got poison oak! Look out for that back there. Wear pants. Take an immediate cold shower when you're done just to be extra safe especially if you brought a dog.

We enjoyed this trail. It was easy to complete. It is very scenic. Once you past the old mine cave the trail turns into pretty good cardio. You walk up plenty of rocks and beautiful greenery. I am a beginner and I was able to finish the trail. It took about 2 1/2 hours to complete

lovely hike, nice shaded trail once you are on the actual trail. Mild incline the whole way, can be rocky in some areas. Slippery rocks in or near the stream crossings. I liked this trail, it was pretty easy.

I loved it, i like hiking with my wife and 3 kids, 16,12 and 8. The hike was easy and the shade you get from the trees made it easier. The first mile or less is hot and no shade but then comes the kids favorite part the trees, the creek after the mine was the reward.

Surprisingly pretty and easily accessible.

SUPER GORGEOUS!
Trail was amazing. Can easily turn this in to an ALL DAY event! Super easy! Super Fun.

I have done this trail so many times.
This is one of the best and most scenic trails within 30 minutes from me. I have not only hiked this trail but I have also taken my downhill mtb and my trail bike on this trail, and both times were a complete blast.

Enjoyable hike/walk into the canyon with shady trees, stream, and the old mines. We scored about 4 empty water bottles of trash but mostly clean and light crowd. Parking is up on the street and starting point is very well marked off Foothill Canyon to start on Skyline Drive route and walk to Tin Canyon Trailhead.

Clean and clear trails

This is a four-five star trail in the Spring when the creek is flowing and the flowers are blooming. Still a really enjoyable easy trail for early winter, but not nearly as ferngully-like. Love how close it is, yet secluded you feel once you pass the official trailhead. You can’t hear the cars on the road or see the city. It’s an easy and quick retreat. I did a more detailed review in March of 2017 if you want to check it out.

Parking on main road, clearly marked for Skyline Dr., but can be a bit of a distance. 1st bit is paved walking path, then wide hard pack dirt before you get to the good stuff at the Tin Mine Canyon cutoff, which is very clearly marked with large signs. From here the trail end is 1.25 miles, but you can go further. At least 3 mine shafts. LOTS of fresh poison oak near and on the trail (dry December) and some creek crossings (mostly dry or a dribble).

Very cool nature trail that ventures into the Corona hills. You can see an entrance to an old tin mine, lots of beautiful oak trees, and an active stream if you hike far enough in. We will definitely hike this one again!

Easy and shady, but nothing great. Not a do over

Easy hike . Couple benches on the way for rest or snack breaks. An old closed down mine entrance. Easy for kids or dogs. If hiking this trail in the evening take a flashlight, it’s gets really dark with the canyon walls and trees blocking light in.

Excellent trail! Narrow, packed-dirt most of the way, feels very secluded because of the canyon walls. Rapidly changing scenery and plant life. Parking is well-marked (on the shoulder of Foothill Pkwy), although I still took 10 minutes to find it! There's a 'Trail End' marker, but you can go well past it, but the terrain gets trickier. I wonder how far it keeps going...

Great, easy trail if you're looking for some shade and cool in the summer time. Two hours worth of work out enjoying the great outdoors.

Be aware of poison oak throughout the trail. Wear long pants and long sleeves.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Nice little trail !! Very shady and short hike

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

nice cover at times but also rocky terrain along the creek/river bed.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Beautiful place! I'd definitely go back. Lots of shade. Highly recommended. Oh, but be careful with poison oak...it's everywhere!!

Monday, May 15, 2017

Nice easy hike through the canyon. Seeing the old mine and all the wild flowers was pretty cool.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Went hiking with coworkers. Had a lot of fun. Saw a snake just before we went home. Nice trail indeed!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Nice and shaded trail. Goes pretty far! We took the kids so only went in about 2-3 miles.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Was able to go past the End of Trail Marker. You'll need to do a little bit of climbing though. The trail past the End trail marker is not the best kept but you can still pretty much see it. I went only about 30 yards past the marker I'll need to come back another time to find out whats back there.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

I stumbled upon this by chance many many years ago with my brother back when we were in high school. That was way before those houses existed and way before they shut vehicle access off to Skyline Dr. Anyways, I went up there today and at first I felt so confused because 1-The new houses and the shut off access road made the whole area unrecognizable to me 2-I'm old and forgetful now Lol. ANYWAYS, follow skyline drive up til you reach the bend in the road and you'll see two signs for Trabuco Canyon and Tin Mine Canyon. Keep going straight and don't give up! I was getting so frustrated because I thought they were closer to Skyline Drive, but being one determined son of a b helps! The sign at the entrance says it's only 1 1/4th of a mile but it felt longer. Oh & Say hi to the people who pass you by!

Once you hit the placard describing the exposed fault line, you're pretty close to the first mine. Most of the creek is dried out already but there is still some water flow further back past the first mine. Walk up a bit further and you'll see rock that looks similar to the fault, look up and there's another mine sitting up top. If you're wanting to get your rock climbing on, make your way up but be warned that stuff is so fickle you can gently tug on some pieces and they fall right off! Also kinda sucked seeing that someone graffitied on the bars to the second mine with...let's just say an inappropriate picture

PS- 1-Dog owners PLEASE pick up after your dog. There was so much poop on the paved path today! 2-Please don't trash the trails off the side of Skyline drive with fast food trash. 3- Poison oak was all over, be cautious 4- Watch for snakes! I saw a harmless garter snake slither under a bush, but a friendly man on the trail mentioned he had seen a fat rattlesnake the other day.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Overall a very nice trail. Watch out for poison oak though. There is a ton of it.

Friday, March 31, 2017

A pleasant trail. You have to walk about a mile on paved road and then another distance on a dirt and gravel trail to get to the trail head off the entrance to Skyline Drive. Parking can be challenging - it might be better to get there in the morning. But you couldn't ask for better weather (late March) and with all the recent rain, it was beautifully verdant.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Fun little hike to bring the kids with. 3hrs round trip. cool thing to see. creek was flowing so it really made it that much better. lots of shade after the 1st mile or so.. gonna do it again!