Tin Mine Canyon Trail

Tin Mine Canyon Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Corona, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 minute ago

Nice and shaded trail. Goes pretty far! We took the kids so only went in about 2-3 miles.

Was able to go past the End of Trail Marker. You'll need to do a little bit of climbing though. The trail past the End trail marker is not the best kept but you can still pretty much see it. I went only about 30 yards past the marker I'll need to come back another time to find out whats back there.

I stumbled upon this by chance many many years ago with my brother back when we were in high school. That was way before those houses existed and way before they shut vehicle access off to Skyline Dr. Anyways, I went up there today and at first I felt so confused because 1-The new houses and the shut off access road made the whole area unrecognizable to me 2-I'm old and forgetful now Lol. ANYWAYS, follow skyline drive up til you reach the bend in the road and you'll see two signs for Trabuco Canyon and Tin Mine Canyon. Keep going straight and don't give up! I was getting so frustrated because I thought they were closer to Skyline Drive, but being one determined son of a b helps! The sign at the entrance says it's only 1 1/4th of a mile but it felt longer. Oh & Say hi to the people who pass you by!

Once you hit the placard describing the exposed fault line, you're pretty close to the first mine. Most of the creek is dried out already but there is still some water flow further back past the first mine. Walk up a bit further and you'll see rock that looks similar to the fault, look up and there's another mine sitting up top. If you're wanting to get your rock climbing on, make your way up but be warned that stuff is so fickle you can gently tug on some pieces and they fall right off! Also kinda sucked seeing that someone graffitied on the bars to the second mine with...let's just say an inappropriate picture

PS- 1-Dog owners PLEASE pick up after your dog. There was so much poop on the paved path today! 2-Please don't trash the trails off the side of Skyline drive with fast food trash. 3- Poison oak was all over, be cautious 4- Watch for snakes! I saw a harmless garter snake slither under a bush, but a friendly man on the trail mentioned he had seen a fat rattlesnake the other day.

Overall a very nice trail. Watch out for poison oak though. There is a ton of it.

A pleasant trail. You have to walk about a mile on paved road and then another distance on a dirt and gravel trail to get to the trail head off the entrance to Skyline Drive. Parking can be challenging - it might be better to get there in the morning. But you couldn't ask for better weather (late March) and with all the recent rain, it was beautifully verdant.

Fun little hike to bring the kids with. 3hrs round trip. cool thing to see. creek was flowing so it really made it that much better. lots of shade after the 1st mile or so.. gonna do it again!

my husband and I visited today, and it was beautiful. Super nice for a walk, very peaceful and fresh. Loved seeing water there ❤

Parking: There's no parking in the neighborhood at the start of the trail unless you have a resident permit, but there is a good amount of designated trail parking along Foothill. I did this hike on a Sunday at about 10 am, so I ended up parking about a quarter mile from the beginning of the trail.

Getting to the trailhead: To get to Tin Mine Canyon Trail, you have to start up Skyline Drive Trail first and then you see a large sign for where the trail starts at the first hairpin turn of Skyline Drive. Skyline Drive is a very popular trial for hiking and mountain biking, so the first part of this hike was moderately crowded.

Tin Mine Trail: This is a nice, very easy, trail all together. Despite it being a Sunday, I lucked out with a rainy weather forecast and had very light foot traffic on the trail. Definitely wear long sleeves and pants, for the poison oak is EVERYWHERE and entirely unavoidable once you pass the second mine high up on the left. Even with sleeves, I'm pretty sure my hands and neck got swiped, and it's not all fully in bloom yet either. But the trail gets better past the mine, so it's worth the risk. Once you pass the second mine, you start following a little creek which is flowing nicely from all the recent rain. It's very cozy underneath and peaceful with all the birdsong. The only reason I don't give this five stars is the poison oak all along the trail. Otherwise, it's a pretty canyon, and interesting to see the fault exposure and tin mines.

PS: When you get to the end of the trail and just a little before, check the rocks and shallow pools for little red salamanders. I found two, and they're absolutely adorable.