Timber Gap Trail

Timber Gap Trail is a 10.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mineral King, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

Directions from Lookout Point Entrance: Follow Mineral King Road eastward to its end. Find the Sawtooth Trailhead and follow the Monarch Lakes Trail northeastward a quarter mile to a fork in the trail. The left side of the fork leads northward to Timber Gap.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Friday, October 02, 2015

Sunday, August 14, 2011

There were 4 of us. We (us older ones) chose this trail because the Mineral King map describes this hike as 2 miles one way and moderate. My girlfriend and I are in OK shape, but I living at sea level definitely noticed the altitude. But we kept on and stopped along the way to take pictures (rest break). Thanks to my son and nephew who put up with us slower pokes. This is indeed a must do. (There is only 1 trail marker; at the fork showing left for Timber Gap and right for Monarch Lakes (4.5 miles one way). Keep going past the actually "peak" and continue until you come to where the creeks is running over the trail. A little beyond this point are some trees, and a view that is breath taking. I'm so glad we kept on. I did it!! I'm glad I didn't know it was 6 miles (round trip), I probably wouldn't have done it.