Tilden Wildcat Gorge

Tilden Wildcat Gorge is a 4 mile loop trail located near Berkeley, California that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Pine laden, hilly trails along a stream in a wooded canyon. A couple excellent views of the Bay. Take Selby trail to Wildcat Gorge trail. Run along a stream (water flows even in the summer, which is unusual in the Bay Area) on pine needle and Eucalyptus leave laden trails. Take Mineral Springs trail, then left on Seaview trail. Left on Curran, left on Wildcat, right on Lake Anza and Left on Selby trail to return to your starting point. Park maps are available at most trail heads. Dogs allowed on leash in developed areas/under voice command in undeveloped areas of the park; no dogs permitted in Tilden Nature Area

Beautiful trail with different types of terrain. Some sections were really muddy and people in sneakers had to turn back - I was glad I was wearing hiking boots. Don't follow the instructions in the description, just look at the trail names on the map and you'll be fine. Not very crowded for a Saturday at 10am.

Did this 11/13/16 and it was beautiful. Mostly shaded. Quick short but nice! Started near the golf course..

Beautiful trail up to the lake. A few nice flat stretches for running. Went a day or two after a big rain so some very muddy patches. Recommended for an easy quick run!

Really challenged me. I injured my knee recently and was not sure if I could hike the whole trail, however I was surprised that I did. Good workout and my dogs slept all the way home

After the lake not much to look at. Also half of it is not shaded, so plan for that on very hot days. I would recommend a different hike in this park.