Three Sisters Waterfalls Trail

Three Sisters Waterfalls Trail is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Descanso, California that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April.

rock climbing
39 seconds ago

41 seconds ago

it was not as hard as people make it seem but it is kind of dangerous if you don't go prepared or with plenty of water

ADVISORY. Due to hear, rangers shut down the trail today. There were 8 rescues off the trail this past weekend. If you are going out there, go prepared.

Awesome!

bring plenty of water and food. the hike back up will drain all your energy. and bring a hat especially on a very hot day

Super fun hike, it's not as hard as people say but you should definitely be in decent shape. There's a very steep part that you practically slide down (and later walk back up, you repel down ropes, and you might end up rock climbing/jumping if you veer onto different trails. I came across a cool cave, and had a great time. There's also apparently a lot of poison oak so I was happy I wore long pants. Go early because parking is restricted to certain roads and lots and this place gets really busy. We took a 4wd vehicle and that helped a lot. The road to get there is so rocky I feel like my little car would have fallen apart. I plan to go back on a warmer day to try the slide!

The feeling going into the hike is excellent. It gets a little challenging having use the ropes to go down some parts but as first timers we were able to make it down pretty easily. Some parts of the trail to the waterfall gets a little tricky as to which one to follow but I guess that's part of the fun.

Once you get to the falls it's pretty amazing. There wasn't to many people when we were there and going in the water is a nice reward at the end.

Now on to the way back up. It was really hot when we were going up. It was about 1230pm when we decided to leave and let me tell you probably not the best idea. Going back was a lot more challenging than going in. A lot of breaks but we made it. Slowly but surely.

Notes- hiking shoes and bring a lot of water. I mean a lot of water. Trust me you will thank me later. Oh and last if you have a truck you should probably drive that. The road gets rough. Have FUN!!

My first time doing this. 1)When you begin there is a wooden post that says 3 Sis pointing left. Make sure when you start your going down hill. 2) I wore light pants to protect from the shrubs, but I think shorts are just fine.3)The trails aren't marked clearly marked so after the last ropes veer towards the trail on the left.4)We went very early to beat the heat, started at 7 and ended at 10 so the heat wasn't so bad.5)We had 2 liters water per person.6)The light garden gloves helped with the ropes and Boulder hopping. But maybe I looked silly.7) As long as your able bodied, coordinated and healthy you can do it at a slow pace. It was so fun to accomplish it. We saw some women go down the water rock slide. Maybe next time!

Don't trick yourself with the lower mileage like we did. You can't have enough water, especially in this hotter weather. It's easy on the way down to the falls, though I advise sticking to one path to the falls. There's many paths and switching can take more time. Enjoy the pools and water, but be careful on the way up. That's when you need water, shade and breaks. Just today there were three emergency rescues. All in all, it was a beautiful hike.

Amazing but hard !

Great trail ! A little rough take plenty of water. Expect to get dirty

Love this trail pretty tough but so much fun!

This trail was awesome. It was very challenging at some points. It is definitely an unmarked trail and there are many different paths that you can take. On the way back up we followed some markers and found that it was a lot quicker and less challenging that on our initial hike down. It's totally worth it when you get to the water fall and slide. I would recommend lots of water. I had a 2L hydration pack and filled it up to about 1.5L and was out of water on the way back up. I also recommend snacks and good shoes with grips... and maybe gloves for the ropes. Some of the hills had ropes because they were so steep. All in all this hike was amazing!