Three Sisters Waterfalls Trail

Three Sisters Waterfalls Trail is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Descanso, California that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April.

rock climbing

Es un trail muy divertido! Recomiendo iniciar muy temprano, ya que despues de las 11am el sol esta muy fuerte. Llevar suficiente agua al menos 4 litros por persona y guardar suficiente para el regreso que es la parte mas pesada. Vi una persona que sufrio deshidratacion por no ir preparada.
Lleven bloqueador, sombrero, mangas largas hay mucha rama seca y puedes lastimarte, tennis/botas para hike! y alguna provicion para energizarte. La cascada esta seca pero encontraras un pequeño charquito! muchas serpientes en el camino. Tomen precauciones cuidando donde pisan y ponen sus manos y tambien tomen cuidado de la ruta por que es facil de perderse. ( lleven su basura con ustedes, fue decepcionante ver tanta tirada sobre el camino, pienso regresar y llevarme la mas que pueda, cuiden la naturaleza!!!! )

Hike was extremely fun and challenging. a little disappointed there wasn't that much water left. Encountered a rattlesnake on the way back. Definitely could get lost easily.

Hard trail of you bring too much with you for camping. Parts have steep inclines where you utilize ropes to go up and down. Awesome view at the falls and a great cave to sleep at near it.

Super hot. "Waterfalls" are down to a trickle with lots of algae and trash. Would not swim there. That being said, views were beautiful, satisfyingly difficult

Pretty cool! Not much waterfall action in the summer, but the water is still pretty refreshing, especially if you go up top. Fun little rope section too. Not as tough as everyone says, but go early and bring lots of water because it really starts cooking around 11 or 12. Also, watch out for rattlesnakes and poison oak.

Three sisters waterfalls hike is very tricky. I won't recommend it to bring children, pets or babies ( I saw 2-3 guys carrying there babies and it's freaking hot and unsafe). The trail is tretchearous, unmarked and disconnected. You also have to negotiate rope climb at least 2-3x although it's very short and since I love rope climbing it didn't bother me at all. Definitely need plenty of water to hydrate especially on summer time. Took almost 2 hrs to get to first waterfall and I was disappointed to find out that it was dry. I read from previous reviews that it dries up in summer but I went anyway for my houseguest. I will probably go back in spring time. Overall, this hike is easy for me since it's short and definitely recommend it to people that are expert or physically fit.

The hike was fun but extremely exhausting from the sun. Bring a gallon of water per person and sunscreen! The falls were pretty dried up so we didn't make it all the way to top, but will be going back once it's flowing and cooler out!

It's smooth going down, not much shade plenty of bushes and critters. Isolated, so make sure you have a buddy, and do not forget hydration! I'm fairly new at hiking, but It was doable. Make sure you use the ropes if you need them, I slipped on my behind thankfully on soft dirt! I didn't see much water though, I'm assuming I didn't make it all the way? I guess this means I have to do it again . The last .5 miles climbing up was the worst, around 10 am, the heat was just killed me. The sun is no joke folks take a hat something!!

nice hike, be careful tho..i got poison oak on my leg. do not bring a dog that you can't carry up the roped sections. I have 2 boxers and thank goodness i didnt bring them. really nice tho.

My boyfriend and I went and it was a pretty fun hike. once you get to the waterfall there is a swimming hole, my boyfriend cliff jumped into it, it was well worth the sun!
We started around 3 and on our way there, there were lots of people that were heating casing and had run out of water so come prepared. i wouldn't recommended starting after 3 or 4, rattlesnakes come out around dusk (we almost literally ran into one).
great experience though! lots of geckos running around.