Three Sisters Waterfalls Trail

Three Sisters Waterfalls Trail is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Descanso, California that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April.

rock climbing

Hard hike but not like everyone says it is.

we hiked all the way to the water fall. I would recommend getting hiking boots. there is a lot of lose rocks and lose sand. sneakers would make it slippery. it's a work out for both upper and lower body. Definitely good scenery. Bring loads of water.

Great hike, trail could be marked a little better. I Would love to see the waterfall with water

A cautionary tale to those considering this trail.

First of all, don't litter !! There was so much trash. And I couldn't even take any of it with me because I needed both hands to hike out.

Up the the top water fall and back took me 4 hours. The trail is barely marked and it's very easy to get turned around. It seemed like all the trails loop to each other so you're not going to get "lost" but it is certainly a waste of time.

There is poison oak absolutely everywhere. Look up pictures so you know how to spot it. There are also lots and lots of bees. I didn't see any snakes.

I regretted wearing hiking boots once I got to the "river". More pliable sneakers would have been better for climbing the falls.
I went last week (Mid September) and it was not as deathly hot as everyone has been saying all summer. I dumped out most of my water on the way back because it was heavy and didn't need it. I was properly hydrated before I set out and I only drank about 40 oz on the hike.

This trail is likely more fun in the winter or spring when there's water. I didn't feel like there was any reward for my efforts on this trail since there were no falls. I knew this going in but I thought it would still be pretty fun.

The takeaway; go with a friend, don't touch anything, and wait for rainfall so that there's something fun to see after you bust your butt getting there.

And please don't litter.

Fun Trial. The very top of the falls has a bunch of little frogs. There is no running water in the river so we found ourselves walking up the creek. If you do, make sure to have your eyes peeled for poison oak. This place has the highest concentration of it I have ever seen. Three leaves with a yellow orange green tinge! If you think you hit some put your clothes in a plastic bag when you get home to avoid spreading the oils.

Great challenge! Very beautiful ending if you go when the water is high

LOVED THE TRAIL! It was the right amount of challenging, and beautiful at every turn! We appreciated the ropes at two locations where the grade and sand make it highly difficult!

We give 4 stars because this trail is LITTERED & FILTHY!!! ( I came across a used tampon) Bring a trash bag with you to help by picking up trash!!!

This trails is great, but it needs to be approached smartly. There's no water running to very little in the summer and the heat is intense. I've seen many people helicoptered out because of dehydration and dumb climbing. Bring Gatorade and water it gets very hot here. They just redid the parking lot so it's a lot better.

I would give this trail 4+ stars but it is the most littered trail I've ever been on. Garbage (especially water bottles) was everywhere.