Three Sisters Waterfalls Trail

Three Sisters Waterfalls Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Descanso, California that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

42 seconds ago

It was awesome. Kinda crowded but we always manage to get down and up without a crowd. It's flowing beautifully with all the rain we've been getting. Highly recommend going up to the top and definitely slide down the waterfall! DO NOT lie down while sliding, saw a few people do that and it looks super painful and one dude bashed his head pretty good, so just try doing it seated! Have fun!

1 hour ago

Great hike. A little on the difficult side because of the side of the mountain with the ropes being so steep, quite a workout on the way back up.

The hike is really fun, and dangerous at times, especially if you are trying to make it to the top of the third waterfall. I would recommend to get there early because it gets crowded and that makes it harder in some narrow parts of the trail. It is hard, but if you take your time you can make it to the end. The waterfalls are really impressive when there is enough water.

Hard, but fun and really pretty. Suggest no dogs, especially small ones... hard for them to get up the steep parts.

Three sisters is a lot of fun! First time I've ever done a hike like this one the climbing is crazy but really enjoyed it ended up coming up in dark with flashlight what an adventure definitely recommend

Nice challenging hike with flowing waterfall and in full bloom right now.

This is a must do hike. The waterfalls are amazing. Well worth the hike. My wife and I hiked it with our fitbits and we had 4.6 miles from the road to the top of the falls and back. We also took the trails less traveled when climbing the falls. Little sketchy at times.

Just know that the road to the trail is very curvy and eventually turns to a gravel road so yes you are still going the right way.

Hard at times but well worth it when the falls are flowing.

This is our family's all-time favorite hike in Southern California. I love the fact that it feels remote and relatively "untouched" compared to many other local trails. The more technical sections of the trail are the best parts -- they add a little bit of a challenge, and make it interesting. Take plenty of water, and I would recommend going on a weekday during the winter months. We were last there in February 2017 (after weeks of heavy rains in the region), and the water flow was huge compared to when we had previously gone in early June 2016. Our kids love this hike too. Our youngest was 7 when we first did it -- it's a challenge for young kids (especially the long hike uphill at the end of the day when they may be worn out). Our kids could do this hike just fine, but they are more experienced hikers/climbers than many other children their ages. And making sure everyone has a substantial lunch and plenty of water is really important. We also keep an additional large jug of water in our car in case anyone is out of water by the time we finish the hike. And because we went on a cool/windy day in February, our two big dogs did just fine on the trail too (I would not consider taking dogs anytime when it is hot or even warm out).

I sincerely hope that the forest service never decides to "improve" this trail. This trail is great just how it is, and the fact that some people make poor choices to hike this trail without enough water, or when it's too hot out, or when drinking alcohol, and then need to be rescued, will only multiply if they try to make this trail more accessible and "safe." People need to be smart and come prepared, understand the risks of a few challenging parts on the trail, and decide for themselves if it's right for their skill level and if it's worth the risk to them (just like on any other trail). I love that this place feels somewhat "wild," even while sharing the trail with some other hikers. And I hope that we can keep it that way.

One of the adventurous hikes I have ever done. Tougher than Zion's Angel's Landing near the ropes...
Please be prepared with lot of water and bring good hiking shoes. I saw some people in nikes, one slip on the trail and down you fall. so please read about three sister falls reviews before you go to this hike.
A lot of fresh water, get your swim gear if you want to take a dive. Good luck!