Three Sisters Waterfalls Trail

Three Sisters Waterfalls Trail is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Descanso, California that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from October until April.

Take a lot of water and I do not recommend to take your dog or kids. There are a couple of difficult things but most importantly it's fun! Get ready to get dirty since there is a lot of loose dirt on the downhill.

Start early in the morning
Take at least 3 bottles of water per person
I would wear leggings, there is a lot of poison oak
No babies or kids under the age of 7.
This is not a hike for beginners

Go early in the morning this time of year...went today and was already in the high 80's when I was heading back up at 10am. Would not want to be climbing back up in the heat as the way back would be brutal.

Two thumbs up

As a hiker from the PNW I was very pleased. Not your average Southern California hike. Great day spent out on the trail. I will be back!

This place is beautiful and it definitely worth the drive from where ever you come from. The few times I have been the waterfall has been raging and it's the 2nd week in May. May not be bigger until next year. This hike was hard and challenging and requires at times your Ultimate concentration in some spots especially if you want to get to the top of the falls. Super fun and it can get real hot if you go in the late afternoon as the times I went where relatively early so it wasn't too hot. Do not forget to bring your water packs. Have fun

Hiked here early in the morning around 8am for the first time. The hike going down is not too bad, but going up can be quit tuff. Bring enough water & snacks. Not recommended for kids & pets. Enjoyed every bit of this day trip!

FYI- hiking shoes required

This is tough. None of us were in great shape except out 16 year old son. When it say hard they mean it. Got few scrapes and bumps but we made it. Don't do this if this is your first time out.

beautifull place

Wow! I was there last Friday

Fuck this hike I drove through clouds and drove through a river and drove on a dirty road with mud just to get there...then people are saying hi to me? The fuck? Where the road signs at? It got confusing as fuck at times. Other than dope ass hike would definitely recommend.

Hiked this two or three weeks ago. Water fall was raging and so beautiful. It's was truly One of the hardest hikes I've ever done. Very sketchy inclines also very slippery when wet. Definitely not kid friendly as the terrain is very rugged and dangerous. I am an experienced hiker and this hike was a challenge for me. The reward is awesome the waterfall is so serene and very nice just to sit down and relax. The hike back up the hill is very intense and very steep. Recommended to go early as possible as the sun will wear you out. Bring more than one bottle of water per person recommended at least 2 L per person. Enjoy your hike.