I had often wondered if were possible to hike across the Western Ridge of Mt. Waterman during the many times I have hiked this trail, so I decided today would be the day I found out. A couple of days prior I noticed a fellow user had posted tracks of just what I intended to do giving me confidence this could be done. Starting out around 6:30 am from 3 points I arrived at the summit of Waterman just after 9 am. After a short break I headed off to the west down the ridge, much to my surprise there is actually a pretty decent use trail that follows the ridge all the way down to the saddle about 1.5 miles from the trailhead. This is a seldom used trail so I did lose it from time to time but it is pretty straightforward which way to go. Upon reaching the saddle I took the steep trail down to the north connecting with the PCT in about .5 miles. It was nice discovering this portion of the mountain I had not previously seen. A portion of my track recording is missing as I must of hit the pause button while taking a photo. If you decide to take this route make sure you are comfortable with off trail travel and have a map and compass or GPS unit with Topo maps installed as this is a trail you will likely not see another hiker. Enjoy and be safe.