Three Points to Mt Waterman is a 13.3 mile out and back trail located near Three Points, California that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I had often wondered if were possible to hike across the Western Ridge of Mt. Waterman during the many times I have hiked this trail, so I decided today would be the day I found out. A couple of days prior I noticed a fellow user had posted tracks of just what I intended to do giving me confidence this could be done. Starting out around 6:30 am from 3 points I arrived at the summit of Waterman just after 9 am. After a short break I headed off to the west down the ridge, much to my surprise there is actually a pretty decent use trail that follows the ridge all the way down to the saddle about 1.5 miles from the trailhead. This is a seldom used trail so I did lose it from time to time but it is pretty straightforward which way to go. Upon reaching the saddle I took the steep trail down to the north connecting with the PCT in about .5 miles. It was nice discovering this portion of the mountain I had not previously seen. A portion of my track recording is missing as I must of hit the pause button while taking a photo. If you decide to take this route make sure you are comfortable with off trail travel and have a map and compass or GPS unit with Topo maps installed as this is a trail you will likely not see another hiker. Enjoy and be safe.