The P Trail

The P Trail is a 1.8 mile loop trail located near San Marcos, California. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

You can see the P when you're driving down the 78. Well I've been looking at that P for all my life and had never once thought about climbing up the hill to reach it until two years ago. It's not a super hard climb and the top has great views. There's even some more trails on the other side.

Starred this hike at the end of the cul de sac off Bel Espirit Circle. Be prepared for an immediate steep incline for about 10 minutes. Really gets the heart beating. After that fairly easy hike. Has several little side paths to take so stay on the wider paths. Took my wife and me about 40 minutes. Although we watched the great sunrise at 7am. It was a hot day, so bring water. Great views to the east and west at the top. Enjoy!!

good trail a good hills, i see lot of trash at the summit , beer cans and so, it is short but have a lot of side routes to explore

I came upon this trail from the other side from the Abejo Loop. Its a great short trail with a great incline and really makes you feel it. Good for all levels of hikers. No shade so make sure you bring sunscreen, water and hats. I couldn't find a specific trail to the P itself but I was able to see it from below. Also beware of mountain bikers as they also like to use these trails.

Great incline! There were a couple parts of the trail my daughter needed help with but we made it up together just fine! once you reach the top the view is awesome!

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Sunday, September 25, 2016

I have made several hikes up here, the first being in 1993. Usually I start from the parking lot at Palomar College. The most recent hike was from there and I went to the summit and came down the trail to this trailhead, in search of some of the geocaches that are found there.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Great hike! A steady incline with all kinds of paths off the main one if you're feeling adventurous. 360 view at the top with roaring wind. Would suggest to anyone looking for a good workout and a good time to match

Monday, May 02, 2016

Friday, April 29, 2016

Path wraps around the mountain with great views in all directions. Numerous paths to other hills and areas that look worthwhile if you want to do some exploring. Some junk and trash on the trail as mentioned, but nothing major.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

The trail was super short. Great incline. Lots of mountain biking trails on the top. View was nice. However, there was lots of trash on top. Overall, I wouldn't go there again unless I lived close enough to walk there.

Saturday, February 06, 2016