The Cross Trail

The Cross Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Palm Desert, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

One of the trails in Palm Desert. Open to all skill level. This trail Starts at the Homestead Link and connects to Hopalong Cassidy Trail where you'll pass the Cross hiking towards south.

It's not an easy trail for beginners. It's a climb but worth the struggle. It took me two tries before I could finally reach the top. Now I hike it the times a week and I love it! I suggest hiking it at night with a flash light, so much fun.

*****not easy, it is moderate****** BEAUTIFUL Trail with wonderful views. We took my 84 year old great uncle who used to be a runner on it thinking it would be an easy low incline trail. Easy is definitely not the right word to describe it. It is moderate even for someone in shape. It is steep and rocky, sometimes hard to find footing(especially for someone in their 80s) recommend for a beautiful view and nice walk just wanted to make sure people know it is not a super easy trail! Would definitely go back.

Use to live in Palm Desert before I made this account.

Easy parking, dirt lot.
Good elevation gain.
Little to no shade.
Great views from the top.

Nice trail to bring your dog. Good elevation for a nice workout.

I would like to help get more people up to the top of this and others like it so they too can enjoy the fun down hill ride, maybe even a few times in one day. please help me. go to my link below thank you

Very easy trail and fun with dogs!

I love going before the sun comes out and watching the sunrise from the cross. Beautiful view! Oh and I went with my 8yo son, he loved it!

Great trail!