The Clark Range and Red Peak Pass Trail [CLOSED]

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow Star(4)
Yosemite National Park

The Clark Range and Red Peak Pass Trail [CLOSED] is a 46 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yosemite Valley, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 46.0 miles Elevation Gain: 8,536 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

closed

It has been reported this trail has a temporary closure due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information.

Thu Sep 20 2018

This was my all time favorite hike.We did it over six nights so we could enjoy every second and we did.Hope to do it again some day!

Fri Aug 18 2017

Absolutely amazing. Traveled from Pennsylvania with a few buddies and enjoyed every moment. Red peak pass was still covered in some snow so we have to use nick spikes to come down the other side. Some of the most beautiful sites I have ever seen..

Mon Jun 19 2017

One of the best kept secrets in Yosemite. I've done this hike twice and only managed to see a handful of other hikers. Once in three days (15 miles per day at least) and once over 5 days. Red peak is stunning and can't be beat. Great camping spots along the way so no matter how many nights it's easy to make it work. We started out near glacier point and came back to the valley floor via the mist trail (vernal/Nevada falls). I prefer this way as it is a bit quicker and less trail wear compared to the JMT, be warned of the stairs and crowds though as you make your way closer to the valley.