The Buddha Loop Trail

The Buddha Loop Trail is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Soquel, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Note: Closed on Saturdays

This moderate trail was beautiful!

Terrible marked trail. Very hard to find the beginning with the Buddha center having some of the roads closed. This trail was marked as 8 verses when we saw a trail marking at all.

Lots of mosquito's and poison oak. Narrow trails with tons of roots. Lots to trip over. It's a beautiful first part through the redwoods along a creek. Once you get to the top it's not as nice.
Suppose to be no mountain bikes but they are there. Very narrow trail. So be careful.

Entire family (including dog) enjoyed our day here. Lots of change in terrain kept it interesting. Walk down to creek for light snacks was beautiful, and moments of single trail hiking made it feel intimate. Highly recommend!

Really pretty hike! At the top the path gets super narrow and there is a TON of poison oak. The hike isn't too difficult, but your blood certainly gets flowing. Would certainly do again, but would wear long pants to protect against the plants.

FYI- it's closed on Saturdays. We just drove 3 hours to find this out. We will be back, been on my list to experience (:

This hike was pretty easy for my kids and I to complete. Mild elevation changes and beautiful scenery. Multiple surprise Buddha shrines hidden within the majestic forest trees. Definitely a family friendly hike!

Very peaceful and enchanting hike. It took me about 3 hours to finish. This trail felt fairly Easy for me. It's rated Moderate. I've done moderate trails that have felt much harder.