The Buddha Loop Trail

The Buddha Loop Trail is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Soquel, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

It was a nice hike.

Loved this trail!!! The scenery was beautiful!! Just a heads up this is not one sole loop but several loops! My group and I started off at the first trail to the left of the road after the bridge and gait. So we did not see the sign mentioning that "loops". So the only reason I didn't give it full 5 is because I believe they should add one more sign to the front of the trail also explaining the "loops". The 5 mile hike we expected turned into an 8 mile hike haha. Still beautiful hike! I still suggest starting at the beginning of the road, because you work your way up the hike and as you go up the scenery changes and then at the end it leads you to Buddha! haha if you do choose that way we crossed the river and used the trails leading up, we reached a tree with Affirmation flags with a sign that let us know we reached half way. If you continue on away from the river keep going until you find more Affirmation flags connecting 3 trees. if you want to continue to hike go to the left, if you want to see the Buddha statue and other sights go to the right and you'll know you're headed in that direction when you see a third set of smaller Affirmation flags. When you get to the road go to the left! That will lead you back to the Land of Medicine!! Have fun!!!

Great little gem of a trail not at all far from the heart of Soquel village. I do it on days when I want a beautiful hike but I also have to work. Starts by following a creek with pretty level but interesting terrain, then climbs up, though never too steeply, to a young, enchanting pine forest. Dogs are allowed on leash, and though I don't normally pass more than one or two other people, I follow that rule and the one that asks trail users keep the noise level to a minimum, as the trail is located on the property of a Buddhist temple. There is parking available just outside the dual entrance to Land of Medicine Buddha and Tara Redwood School, and the trailhead is just up the driveway on the left side of the road. the trail is only open to the public Sunday afternoons and week days. Trail can get a little confusing toward the end, it isn't very well marked.

Land of the Medicine Buddha never disappoints. Beautiful hiking. The enchanted forest is nothing less than magical.

Beautiful woodsy trail with lots of lovely details. No trail markers tho, or signage, so make sure to study or download a map ahead of time. We luckily found our way to the 6 mile loop but had to double back a few times and even ended up in the State Park.