The Buddha Loop Trail

The Buddha Loop Trail is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Soquel, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Terrible marked trail. Very hard to find the beginning with the Buddha center having some of the roads closed. This trail was marked as 8 verses when we saw a trail marking at all.

Lots of mosquito's and poison oak. Narrow trails with tons of roots. Lots to trip over. It's a beautiful first part through the redwoods along a creek. Once you get to the top it's not as nice.
Suppose to be no mountain bikes but they are there. Very narrow trail. So be careful.

Entire family (including dog) enjoyed our day here. Lots of change in terrain kept it interesting. Walk down to creek for light snacks was beautiful, and moments of single trail hiking made it feel intimate. Highly recommend!

Really pretty hike! At the top the path gets super narrow and there is a TON of poison oak. The hike isn't too difficult, but your blood certainly gets flowing. Would certainly do again, but would wear long pants to protect against the plants.

FYI- it's closed on Saturdays. We just drove 3 hours to find this out. We will be back, been on my list to experience (:

This hike was pretty easy for my kids and I to complete. Mild elevation changes and beautiful scenery. Multiple surprise Buddha shrines hidden within the majestic forest trees. Definitely a family friendly hike!

Very peaceful and enchanting hike. It took me about 3 hours to finish. This trail felt fairly Easy for me. It's rated Moderate. I've done moderate trails that have felt much harder.

On my list for awhile, finally experienced this beautiful spot... We started after the first gate of Land of Medicine Buddha (where we were greeted with a map) for the 6 mile loop, with the altars and 8 verses as our reward at the end. Most of the trail is shaded with the lovely tree canopies, and we were almost the only ones on the trail. There are many spots where you must choose L or R and we were able to use alltrails map/ gps to keep us on track. It took us 3ish hours with a lunch break and moments of pausing to enjoy. Also as others have said, about half way the trail narrows and poison oak is plentiful. That and the lack of signage is the reason for 4 stars. The serene gorgeous green surroundings and the trickling of water throughout the journey were soo worth it, the healing energy of this land is truly special. Enjoy!

It was very relaxing do this trail. I surely return there! :)

My family and I loved this hike. It was peaceful and serene with very few other hikers. The trail is not very well marked so it is best to study the map before you go. I agree with the comments about poison oak - there are several stretches where it is difficult to avoid the numerous plants.

Our family likes this location at lot as it is easy to get to and the hike offers many beautiful and peaceful terrains. However the biggest drawback is about after 3 miles into the 6-mile loop, the hiking path became extremely narrow and poison oaks plants are all over the hiking path for about half a mile. There is no way your leg can't touch them. I wore shorts on that day and my right leg had a huge rash 24 hours later. If you do go, do wear long pant that cover your legs.

Great trail, gets narrow towards the top with a good amount of poison oak along that area.

very unique and great trail to hike.