old growth

closed

You can still access this trail.

TRAILHEAD: To find it, go to the Starbucks by Glen Mor. Walk down the street (Box Springs Rd.) toward the mountain. In a few minutes, you'll see a sign that says "No C Trail Access," so keep going straight. Then you'll see a second sign like this, and there's some wood on the ground to help you cross over from the street onto a path. This is a few houses down before a green fence. Cross the wood and walk down the trail. It will lead you to a brown fence. Scoot across the gap under the fence (you'll fit). Go up a little and you'll now be facing some train tracks. If you turn left and walk a few feet, you'll clearly see the start of the trail. If you had turned right, you'd see two "No Trespassing" signs close to each other, so you'd know you're not going in the ideal direction. If you follow the main dirt trails, it will lead you right to the C.

TIPS: It took me 2 hours to complete the trail from start to finish, but I took my time. I recommend taking at least 2 liters of water, especially if you go when the sun is out. Watch out when crossing the train tracks, so you don't die. Expect to see graffiti on rocks throughout the trail, but the C didn't have much writing on it to my surprise. As for difficulty, I'd say it's moderate--not a piece of cake, but also not so hard that I considered quitting.

If this helped you, thank me by picking up one piece of trash when you hike. Enjoy!