The Big "C" Trail (CLOSED)

The Big "C" Trail (CLOSED) is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Riverside, California that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round.

old growth

closed

There is a fence currently blocking access. According to a PE article it's temporary, however it's been there over a year now. One of the trails at Riverside, open all year to all skill level. It's the trail up to the Big "C" on the mountain.

Yes there is a fence now. According to a PE article it's "temporary" however it's been there over a year now. Today was my first time, and the way I got around the tracks was by going all the way up Blaine St til you hit Belevedere. There will be a sign for Box Springs Mountain, and you can park in the dirt lot to the left. I walked straight down the gravel path until the sign that said "Private" this or that , to my right was a red gate with a trailhead and I took that trailhead past the house with the security camera sign and horses in the back. Got lost a couple of times trying to take the steep trails from there, so on my way back down I realized it's easier to walk alongside the train tracks (this is a weekend so no metrolink was running, or wasn't when I was there, still be careful!) . I followed the red marked path that the AllTrails app has posted for this on the page map, but at the very very end it took me to the right when I should've stayed left. Eventually after a lot of cussing, climbing, sweating, & breathing heavy I found the C! It lies low and its made of concrete so if you aren't looking up or paying attention its easy to get frustrated and wonder wtf is going on. I would highly recommend lots of water,maybe a snack, shoes with good grip, and a hiking stick as well as a hiking partner! This hike is HARD, but it's a great workout for sure.

Side note: I realized at the end of Big Springs Dr , there's a fence up with a green cloth but behind it is a runoff tunnel for the creek bed. I didn't try that way, but could see others have walked under the tunnel to access the trail.

how do I get across?????

An intensive hike with an extreme incline, but it gets you to a great view fast! It's definitely worth the hike, especially if you're a student attending UCR

great trail. a challenge to find the right trailhead, especially after the fence went up on the tracks, but what a view!!

There's a fence now

I heard there's a fence now...does it prevent people from reaching the trail?

love it

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

all incline!!! take plenty of water!!

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

It's really fun if you're up for a challenge. My gory friend & I went off the trail halfway to see the other side of the mountains. It's great.

Monday, September 19, 2016

My husky and I didn't follow trails because cut shortly trails but we went on steeps to catch C for burn calories!

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

This is my go to trail when I don't want to travel far. Great workout anytime of the day/night. Definitely take some water, but please pick up after yourself.

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Easy trail to follow. Have done this trail various times in various weather conditions. Great workout! I recommend this to everyone!

Saturday, February 06, 2016