Terrace Hill

Terrace Hill is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Luis Obispo, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Love this place! It's a very short walk for such a great view of SLO. The flat top is Great for photos (wild flowers in spring) and romantic dinners watching the sunset.

Friday, July 24, 2015

Great for hiking with kids, or a place to paint, have a picnic, or just be inspired!

We took 7 kids up this trail and the only difficult part was squeezing through the entrance with a baby on my back! Ha! Definitely not stroller friendly.

Relatively easy to get up, even for the 3yo! Watch out for the loose rocks and dirt on the steeper parts though.

Every one of us loved it, from 3 to 30! Beautiful views, nice spot for a picnic, and letting the kids play once on top. They saw trains, planes, and climbed trees, and a pretty large rock. Great trail, we will definitely return!

Thursday, September 04, 2014

The day after I came to San Luis Obispo in May of 1943 my dad and I climbed Terrace Hill. There were no homes on it and coming from Michigan i thought it was a mountain. For many years i wanted to build a house on top of it for the view of SLO but never had the money to buy it. I had to settle with sliding down the hill on cardboard boxes with my friends like Rusty Duval who became the Principal at San Luis High School. Anyway I walked up the trail several years ago and it brought back many pleasant memories.

Monday, June 16, 2014

I recently hiked this trail again. I have a 3 year old so this is a perfect and easy hike for her to go up. I also brought a small picnic with us and we just went up to the flat top and looked at the pretty view of the city. She loves to run around at the top also.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Monday, June 25, 2012

Short and sweet. A quick walk to the top of a leveled off Morro. Nice views.