Tennessee Valley Trail

Tennessee Valley Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sausalito, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 170 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

partially paved

Park at the Tennessee Valley Staging Area

1 hour ago

Nice and beautiful, but a bit overcrowded

Nice walk. Good for families. Very busy and crowded.

easy mostly flat, bike friendly . Good earth might be the closest grocery store and you'll find a gas station next to good earth

Fine trail for what it is: a flat, old, partially paved road out to a beautiful dark sand beach. Lots of pretty bird songs, bunnies, and crashing surf to listen to.

A nice flat walk to the beach, wonderful breeze too! We did see a snake in the lower portion of the final beach walk (there will be a lower and upper path, lower goes through the wilderness while upper takes the foothills) in the grass, but he didn't bother us and we didn't bother him! Next time I'm going to bring a blanket and some snacks to eat on the beach!

Definitely recommend this trail, and I've done it a number of times. The traffic getting there from the 101-1 interchange on weekends is the most difficult part. The trail slopes gently downwards towards the ocean, and is very wide and in good shape. There are a lot of great side trails to campgrounds, or up to the tops of the ridges, if you feel like doing anything more difficult. The beach itself is great, and the lookout is definitely worth the climb.

Great place to take a quick walk. My partner and I completed this in about two hours (including time spent watching the waves on the beach). There are two paths that will get you to the beach (lower and higher). Both are great and very scenic!

Great trail with little ones. I had a 6,3 and 1 year old and we were able to do a nice 1.5 hour walk on this trail. Tons of wildflowers and so much lush greenery. Very beautiful.

This was a fun, easy trail. Nice flowers and views. It’s worth going up to the Lookout for the views of the Tennessee Valley and beach below.

This is such a pretty and easy hike. Beautiful wildflowers along the way. The best part is the ocean at the end of the trail. Parking is very limited though. Arrive early or late.

recorded Recording - Apr 27, 01:58 PM

Tennessee valley trail.

Nice trail for all levels. On the way in to the sea there’s two paths - one that goes down and is a lovely walk through beautiful wildflowers and another that goes up. It’s a short climb and not bad at all. I would do the one that goes up on the way to the beach as you’ll see really beautiful views of the mountains and the sea and do the flatter trail on the way back to see the wildflowers. We did it the opposite and I wished we hadn’t. But regardless we had a great time. Was super cloudy when we arrived at the beach - around 1:30pm - but the fog lifted and it was a beautiful sunny beach day around 2:15pm. Also def do the short climb to the lookout point.

great short hike, with nice views of the valley and the sea.

Beautiful hike. Some puddles here and there.

Nice flat hike, with beautiful black sand beach access at the end. Also has an alternative route that's more difficult.

Some nice coastal views towards the middle/hills but otherwise not that scenic

Nice hike, with beautiful views but it is not easy. I’d rate it moderate.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Mostly a walk to the beach (not much hiking). Make sure to take the stairs at the end to the top for a nice view of the beach and the greenery around!

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Nice leisurely walk to Tennessee Beach, great side trails which we ended up doing the trail to Muir Beach the following weekend. Nice crowd, nice restrooms too!

Monday, July 09, 2018

Dogs are not allowed. We brought our dog, immediately saw signs that said no dogs, but took him anyways because we were already there and got a stern warning from a ranger.

Sunday, July 08, 2018

Now I don't know whether to bring my dog or not - conflicting review says dogs are NOT allowed, above says yes allowed on leash. Hmmm

Sunday, July 08, 2018

Dogs are not allowed on this trail.

Thursday, July 05, 2018

GPS will take you right to parking area. there is no service once you start walking trail. really nice walk and the beach at the end is just GORGEOUS! doesn't feel like your in the bay area. blue water. make sure you do a TICK check before you leave.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Nice hike to Muir beach but it not for me cause I like to hike the peaks

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Easy beautiful trail to a cove on the beach. My favorite to go place if I don’t want to travel very far.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

It is a very lovely trail. I have done this trail several times in July - August. Great weather and great views. Its bit of a hill with a grand end at a lovely cliff enclosed beach.

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Relatively short but lovely hike, especially on a non-foggy day when walking towards the beach and looking between the two hills that form the "Canyon". I always enjoy that view whenever I'm on this trail.

Friday, April 20, 2018

Love it. Easy and beautiful. I uploaded some drone footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tx-NJojqss

Monday, April 16, 2018

Amazing hike ending with a beautiful, Californian, cliffside beach.

Sunday, April 01, 2018

Easy walk along mostly paved trail with breathtaking scenery at every step and turn making the windy day a worthy one! Beautiful on a 60 degree day with lots of mist and wind. Saw a salamander walking along the path! Watch out for our little amphibian friends! “California orange belly newts!”