Tennessee Valley Trail

Tennessee Valley Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Muir Beach, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Park at the Tennessee Valley Staging Area

Dogs are not allowed. We brought our dog, immediately saw signs that said no dogs, but took him anyways because we were already there and got a stern warning from a ranger.

Now I don't know whether to bring my dog or not - conflicting review says dogs are NOT allowed, above says yes allowed on leash. Hmmm

Dogs are not allowed on this trail.

GPS will take you right to parking area. there is no service once you start walking trail. really nice walk and the beach at the end is just GORGEOUS! doesn't feel like your in the bay area. blue water. make sure you do a TICK check before you leave.

Nice hike to Muir beach but it not for me cause I like to hike the peaks

Easy beautiful trail to a cove on the beach. My favorite to go place if I don’t want to travel very far.

It is a very lovely trail. I have done this trail several times in July - August. Great weather and great views. Its bit of a hill with a grand end at a lovely cliff enclosed beach.

Relatively short but lovely hike, especially on a non-foggy day when walking towards the beach and looking between the two hills that form the "Canyon". I always enjoy that view whenever I'm on this trail.

Love it. Easy and beautiful. I uploaded some drone footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tx-NJojqss

Amazing hike ending with a beautiful, Californian, cliffside beach.

Easy walk along mostly paved trail with breathtaking scenery at every step and turn making the windy day a worthy one! Beautiful on a 60 degree day with lots of mist and wind. Saw a salamander walking along the path! Watch out for our little amphibian friends! “California orange belly newts!”

The path is mostly paved so it’s more of a walk than a hike! But beautiful views and we went on a warm day so the beach was so comfortable

This was a good trail with a stroller. The kids (5 and 3 years old) had a lot of fun finding beautiful pebbles in a streamlet near the ocean. They are excited to go back!

Super easy. Good spot for picnic or big group of friends. Gorgeous little beach at the end. Parking is easy even on the weekend.

Great family hike. Fun beach at the end for kids to splash in the puddles

**note no dogs allowed

Beautiful view!

Make sure you go up to the lookout point at the end. It is worth it!

Busy during weekends but nice views.

this is the starter trail for anyone looking for a super easy hike to a small beach front.

The beach looks great, I'm definitely coming back in a sunny day to lie there for a while.

Awesome hike out to the beach. We were able to take an Uppababy Vista without any issue.

LOVED this hike! I did the straight forward hike, then went to the Beach overlook, then walked towards Pirates Cove. Really beautiful area and low-key with some inclines.

Nice walk that ends at Tennessee Beach. Pretty much perfect.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Really beautiful hike

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Love, love, LOVE this trail. Such a great mini escape.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Marin county favorite. Very gentle stroll to a protected Cove and beach. Accessible and doable for all. Sometimes of the year the anchor of an old shipwreck can be seen. Hard to believe this is about 6 miles as the crow flies from San Francisco. wonderful get away.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Pretty easy trail - most of it is paved - with the option of a challenging incline when you get to the beach. Great views of the coast - we plan to do it again.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Easy hike, especially if you stick to the lower trail (to the left) where it splits heading to the beach. I have a bad knee and managed just fine. Went on a Monday and the weather was clear and it wasn't crowded. Beautiful!!