Tennessee Valley Golden Gate Loop Trail

Tennessee Valley Golden Gate Loop Trail is a 5.5 mile loop trail located near Mill Valley, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

beach

Take the Tennessee Valley trail all the way to Muir Beach. After a stroll through the headland valleys, nothing is better than dipping your toes into the cool Pacific.

Stunning, constant views, mostly of the coast. May not really be a moderate for most, more of a moderate-hard.

Gorgeous trail, Tennessee Beach is a must-see along the way. Nothing beats the view from the coast or the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks. This trail can be a thigh-burner in some areas where the elevation varies, but nothing too bad if you’re moderately in shape.

Busy on the trail, especially the out and back to the beach.

Beautiful views!

Beautiful coastal views. Enough up and down to/from the ridge to make it feel like a “workout”.

Easy to get to. Free parking. Get there early (before 8am) parking can get crowded after 8:30 / 9. Popular among runners. great views overall.

Beautiful views the whole way through.

Great, short trail: easy to get to after work, a nice workout with epic views of sunset and the fog banks and potential to pit-stop at 3 beaches along the way- or pop in to The Pelican Inn at the half way mark if you drop down to Muir Beach.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I ran it backwards on accident, still fun though

Monday, May 08, 2017

Great rolling hills along the coast with refreshing views of the water. Nice diversity of plants and wildflowers on the trail.

Monday, April 03, 2017

Beautiful coastal views with amazing wildflowers. Careful of the long climbs.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

From the staging area we hiked up to the Tennessee Valley trail, turned right onto the Fox Trail, continued straight onto the Coastal Trail.  On return we turned left onto Pirates Cove Trail and went down to Pirates Cove.  We went back on Pirates Cove Trail and onto Coastal Trail, continued to Tennessee Valley Trail.  We turned right to visit Tennessee beach. From the beach, we hiked back to the trailhead. Total distance 7.1 miles with 1,503 feet of elevation. The weather was perfect. We saw the SF skyline and the beautiful coastline. Go early for good parking. Hiking poles are also recommended.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Loved this hike! First time doing it so it took about two hours because of all the times we stopped to enjoy the views. It can probably be done in less than 1.5 hours with a steady pace. Moderate and a little steep at times but it's nothing an average hiker can't handle. You can see a little bit of the SF skyline on a clear day. Got to the parking lot around 10:45am on a weekday and there was plenty of parking. By the time we left around 1:15pm the lot was full! Highly recommend it.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Absolutely stunning. Beautiful coastal views. Just steep enough to get a good workout as well.

Saturday, December 03, 2016

Great hike

Monday, August 29, 2016

Perfect length and a good workout with the many inclines. Amazing ocean views, but otherwise scenery is pretty barren. We did coastal trail to Tennessee valley to fox tail

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Grab a partner in crime and conquer the entire loop with the greatest scenery. Good workout. Great views. We hiked it on a Sunday afternoon, so it wasn't too busy. 'Twas perfect

Saturday, July 09, 2016

This is a great hike. However, I would give it a rating that is more than a moderate. There are several very steep and long hills that are a challenge even if you are in fantastic shape. The climb out of Pirate's Cove is a killer as is the initial climb at the beginning of the hike up the Fox trail. Worth the effort!

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Good hike. You get really high up in elevation with some very nice views. The trail shown does not take you down to the beach which I highly recommend. It's a bit tricky to get down to it but it's worth it. I took a dip in the cold water.

Sunday, November 01, 2015

Challenging enough to get my heart rate up for fun exercise. I parked in the lot at the Tennessee Valley Trailhead. I took the Fox Trail early off of the Tennessee Valley Trail. Great views on the way up to Green Gulch Trail. That took me down to the Zen Center where I walked through a couple of gates to get me on the short path to Muir Beach. The beach and sky were beautiful. I returned via the Coastal Fire Road to the Coastal Trail which brought me back to Tennessee Valley.

Friday, January 03, 2014

Great hike. The only thing is you can't bring your dogs with you on certain trails. It meets with Muir Woods trail. Beautiful view. Plenty of small spots to take great pictures by the ocean. There is a small beach that meets the end of the trail. Numerous other trails near by.

Thursday, May 02, 2013