Tennesse Valley to Muir Beach and Fox Trail

Tennesse Valley to Muir Beach and Fox Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tamalpais-Homestead Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

beach

Great hike. I did it on a foggy day and couldn’t see the sun at all, but it was still a great hike. The terrain is pretty steep at times, which makes it a great workout. Get good shoes. I’d do it again on a sunny day to get good views.

Stunning hike with beautiful views. The hills are brutal— make sure you’re wearing shoes with traction. And bring sunscreen.

The views! I recommend to anyone visiting the area to make one of these trails a must. This was very different than hiking in New England and so glad I had the chance. So cool to hike coastal trails like this. For me this was just about 10.5 mi total as I hiked in from Tam Jct. and didn’t take the detour to the beach. Little did I realize I could have added Rhubarb trail instead of the TN Valley rd. Mostly solid footing and a few challenging sections that get your heart pumping. Next time I will start later in the day to give the fog more time to clear out for even better views.

Nice trial. I prefer the one that starts at Muir beach but this one is a bit easier. I saw a deer towards the end.

Loved this trail, I just completed it today. By far one of the most scenic routes and had amazing views. The hills were a bit of a struggle but it was all worth it in the end.

Solid hike. Nice views and has a good mix up up hill and downhill

great views of sutro tower, the city, marin, muir beach and some gorgeous coastal cliffs.

Loved trail. Perfect way to start the new year w this hike on 1/1/18. We started at Tennessee Valley Road to Fox trail and back around coastal trail. VERY NICE, except it would have been much better to have followed coastal trail and back around to Fox trail. Next time for sure. Recorded and it came up to 9.4 miles w 987’ ascent.

Awesome trail with great views