Tenaja Falls

Tenaja Falls is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Murrieta, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Short hike to an awesome place. Tip is you cross the creek just after the sign about the fish. Once on the trail before and after stream crossing you can't get lost. Lots of sun exposure not much shade getting there. Pretty much all up hill to get there so the way back is a breeze. Be careful rocks at Falls are slippery even when not wet or barefoot. Not super young kid friendly.

this was dissappointing to me. the road going in is a little challenging at times. Finally get there and the trail itself was confusing. A lot of climbing over and in between boulders/rocks. Never did get to the falls. I guess the challenge is NOT to FALL! I would not say it is moderate. It's on the difficult side. Not kid friendly!

Watch out for bugs and poison oak!

This was a bucket list hike for me as the drive to get there is long and the hike is short. We drove in from the west on Hwy 74 and then came down So Main Divide Rd. The falls are still somewhat flowing so it made from some good pictures. I'd do the hike again but would like to add some additional distance to it.

It's an ok hike. The trail itself can throw you off. The waterfall would be more pleasing if it wasn't covered in graffiti and trash.

Not from this area, but my friend and I expected an easy trail like it suggests. I'm not sure where the actual trail is, but it branches off in 20 different unmarked directions. We were really afraid of getting lost. Met some rowdy locals who appeared to have been doing some heavy drinking. It's quite grown up in weeds with lots of rocks and boulders. The road getting there is a very narrow and twisty mountain with huge potholes. Be careful.

Great time! The road in is a tad scary in the car but we made it.

I've never been to this site before. I hiked all the way to Fisherman's Camp and did not see the falls. Where are they?