Tenaja Falls

Tenaja Falls is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Murrieta, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is truly a case of spending more time to get to it than to hike it. In mid July, there was still enough stream flow to keep a bathing pool full for a much needed cool dip. The hike is short, and you must pay attention to crossing the stream early in the hike, and once you do it will be easy to follow the trail on up. This is a great introduction to a huge wilderness area that has years of possibilities.

Beautiful short hike unless you miss the left over the river as we did. It is not marked and luckily we went back and ran into a family that pointed us in the right direction. No falls at this time but still pooling water at the top.

Could not find trail head. The directions are incorrect in apple maps or something. Somebody tell me how to get here and I'll give it a better review!

It's a nice, easy, and relaxing trail. Good for dogs and children. I took the hike to the top and swam in the little water bed above the falls. Good for lunch if you want to eat, there is quite a bit of sun exposure but only while you're walking up the hill. You will get your feet wet for sure, so be sure to wear shoes you know you can get wet.

Short hike to an awesome place. Tip is you cross the creek just after the sign about the fish. Once on the trail before and after stream crossing you can't get lost. Lots of sun exposure not much shade getting there. Pretty much all up hill to get there so the way back is a breeze. Be careful rocks at Falls are slippery even when not wet or barefoot. Not super young kid friendly.

this was dissappointing to me. the road going in is a little challenging at times. Finally get there and the trail itself was confusing. A lot of climbing over and in between boulders/rocks. Never did get to the falls. I guess the challenge is NOT to FALL! I would not say it is moderate. It's on the difficult side. Not kid friendly!

Watch out for bugs and poison oak!

This was a bucket list hike for me as the drive to get there is long and the hike is short. We drove in from the west on Hwy 74 and then came down So Main Divide Rd. The falls are still somewhat flowing so it made from some good pictures. I'd do the hike again but would like to add some additional distance to it.

It's an ok hike. The trail itself can throw you off. The waterfall would be more pleasing if it wasn't covered in graffiti and trash.

Not from this area, but my friend and I expected an easy trail like it suggests. I'm not sure where the actual trail is, but it branches off in 20 different unmarked directions. We were really afraid of getting lost. Met some rowdy locals who appeared to have been doing some heavy drinking. It's quite grown up in weeds with lots of rocks and boulders. The road getting there is a very narrow and twisty mountain with huge potholes. Be careful.

Great time! The road in is a tad scary in the car but we made it.