Ten Hills/East Shore Loop is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Castro Valley, California that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding.

partially paved

This is our go to for an easy hike with our dog. Trails extremely well mapped, and very simple. There's even some really nice people that leave out water dishes for the dogs (which is really cute we stopped and talked to them for a 'bit).

However, this is covered with off leash dogs. Ours got attacked while sitting below my husband's feet. We really enjoy letting our dog off leash but people need to respect that if you can't control your dog you should consider a leash.

nice trail, about half blacktop, nice lake views about half shade half sun at 9:30

Nice workout and good amount of shade..but I think I took a left and right and ended up on other trails...

Most of this loop was paved concrete. Entered it via the marina dock as opposed to the trail head noted in the app. Very nice views of the lake.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017