Temescal Canyon Will Rogers Loop Trail is a 13 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pacific Palisades, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

I heard a lot of complaints as far as the accuracy of the trial goes and I fixed that problem. Ran this on 9/28/18 exploring but mostly figuring out the Accuracy. Please use my recording for future reference and do not try to hike or run this without a serious level of fitness for your own safety

This is a vigorous hike. The trail was clear, but is was sometimes difficult to stay on track. The app really helped. It took me a little over 6 hours to complete this hike because of the heat. I would stop often to cool off whenever I could find some shade, which is difficult at times. I will do this hike again when it is cooler. There are a lot of uphill sections. Bring lots of water!

This is a great hike. Took me 5 1/2 hours to complete, including the walk to and from Sunset to get to the loop. The whole trail is open, but many sections of the Backbone Trail are covered over by tall weeds. I think this will be a regular for me.

Started 8:45am. Weather misty entire hike. Started clockwise. 5.4 mi in, Will Rogers trail closed (why rated only 3 stars). Tried anyway: Trail completely overgrown, miner landslides, then heard large animal coming my way, so about 50 to 100 steps in turned around and returned way I hiked in. So only 10.5 mi hike. Hike up was beautiful though.

Great trail and beautiful views. Part of it was closed so we couldn't do the full loop.

Great hike. Bring lots of water on hot days.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Wonderful, except that the second half of the trail was closed. The park ranger should put a sign at the beginning to warn people... and maybe add information such as if there is another way to reach Will Rogers...

Friday, June 30, 2017

Awesome hike! The trail is overgrown in the second half. Found a tiny tick crawling on me. I was happy to be wearing pants. This hike is almost entirely exposed. Took me almost 5 hours. Bring lots of water.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Very challenging and fulfilling trail. Thank heaven for this app because there are a lot of confusing spots where you could end up going the wrong direction if you're not looking at the app for the right path.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

I started this hike at 6:45am in the morning. It look me about 3 hours and 54 minutes. It was a lot of fun, weather was cooperative and the views were splendid. There are a lot of points during this hike where you can see the ocean and Downtown LA at the same time! How awesome is that?!

Now about the other review that said it was about 16 miles, let me clarify that. It is 13.5 miles from the paid parking lot. Now, if you park on the street (sunset blvd) or else where, of course that would add some distance to your walking. The paid parking is a rip off. $10 for parking when a quarter mile up the road, there's free parking... PSSHH!! Of course I got street parking.. Anyway, I digress.. My point is: The start and stop point you see on the map is a total of 13.5 miles. Use the map on the AllTrail app cos it's easy to end up on another trail.

Friday, April 07, 2017

Bushes are all grown out so you must wear long pants if you dont want to get all scratched up. Also the downhill is pretty tough. The goat peak? was nice though.

Monday, January 16, 2017

This is an amazing loop trail but be warned, this is really more like 16 miles than 13.5. Took this from the base of Temescal, connected through a "closed" trail over the Rodger's Road Trail and finally across Rivas Canyon Trail. It's about14 miles to the base of Will Rodgers then 2.1 left on Rivas which is very narrow but steep and fun. While it was a crowded holiday Sunday, it was the nicest group of fellow hikers I've experienced in 15 years.

Monday, January 09, 2017

Love this place

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Awesome trail run & workout

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Great views and awesome workout!!!!!!!

Friday, July 15, 2016

Loved it!

Monday, July 04, 2016

Great

Saturday, June 25, 2016

This was a great walk aided by a costal eddy that kept us cool. Its a great climb and lots of different terrain with a cute walk between the two parks to finish.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Loved it! This has multiple terrain and wonderful views. Hiked in June and fortunate to have had fog and overcast sky's.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

I good long hike, lots off walking up and down hills. Bring food and water, this will take you a while.

Monday, May 23, 2016

If my scale was mt baldy being a 10 and runyon being a 1 i would rate this hike as a 5. Nice views. Easy to access and can do in less than 5 hrs. Not a lot of shade.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Dogs are NOT allowed after the first half mile of the hike.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Good walk. Nothing difficult. Trail very pretty on way back. Note that path closed at loop just after turnoff to Temascal Canyon - need to take turnoff about 400 yards before. Took just under 5 hours - Sunset to Sunset.

Thursday, March 03, 2016

This was a great hike. Would definitely do it again.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

I took a wrong trail which totaled to 16 miles. The backbone portion is very boring.

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

It was definitely not an easy hike. About 80% sun so me choosing to start at 2pm.... Not ideal lol. Anyway. Easy to find and start. I'd recommend starting at will Rodgers and looping out of Temescal and back to will Rodgers.

Monday, January 05, 2015

Great views. Definitely the Temescal Canyon road less traveled.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Nice trail provides shade along segments and some sections with quick elevation gain/loss,

Monday, April 28, 2014

So, the parking fee went up one dollar. The cactus along Rivas Canyon trail are blooming. Passed by a couple of riders on horseback.

Monday, April 28, 2014

There are two and four hour on street parking on Sunset and self pay ($6) parking in the park. Vary basic maps are generally available on the way to the trailhead. I like to hike the Temescal Canyon loop first and then hit the Ryn Canyon trail to Backbone. There are some butt burners along the way but overall it is a pretty easygoing trek.