Temescal Canyon Viewpoint Trail

Temescal Canyon Viewpoint Trail is a 1.3 mile out and back trail located near Los Angeles, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 482 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Always a great hike! amazing views at the top!

Well I ended up taking backbone and tried taking the section that goes back toward topanga camp...it was very overgrown in some areas. Overall I got more than I bargained for...but it was a fun day!

Lovely hike but trail is very overgrown and lots of need buzzing amidst the wildflowers

Very busy on a Saturday. Went the counter clockwise direction. Was a little too strenuous for my dad so we turned around early. We passed a woman on the way down who had fallen and twisted her ankle. Lots of people alerting park worker to go help her.

I would say it’s a bit hard, especially if you go clockwise. But very rewarding with great views and wild life. Saw several birds, butterflies, and one rattlesnake!

Nice short hike with some great views in the beginning and a small waterfall in the second half. Pretty crowded on a weekend

Good loop to break in new set of shoes.

This trail was a good hike! I recommend starting to the left side as you’ll have beach views and sun on the way up, then shade and trees on the way down. More strenuous than we expected as someone had told us it was a leisurely stroll - definitely bring water and proper shoes. Great hike!

beautiful! It's so green right now!

Great trail with amazing views. 100% recommend doing it counter clockwise!!!

recorded Temescal Canyon Trail