Telegraph Canyon North Ridge Loop Trail [CLOSED]

Telegraph Canyon North Ridge Loop Trail [CLOSED] is a 12.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Brea, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

closed

57 freeway exit lambert. Head East Chino Hills State park is on the right.

The north trail is closed due to part of the trail being washed out.

I went for a light hike yesterday. It was too hot. I saw a rattle snake right in rhe middle of the trail.
It took me 15 minutes to scare it away by throwing rocks at her..
Nature is amazing!!

I'm giving this path a 3 only because of the time of the year that I walked it; I was hoping for a more moderate hike, but it's really just a long walking path. Now that the temperature has gone up, the plants are starting to dry out and turn brown. The pictures from a couple of months ago show how beautiful the path is. I will be trying it out again next spring. This would be a great place for a very early morning run.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Beautiful Springtime views this year. Some tough climbs for beginners. Fun downhills!

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Good trail if you want to get some mileage in. The North Ridge Trail is a little overgrown in some places, but it's doable. Went in march when the wildflowers were blooming! Bring lots of water! I wouldn't recommend this in the summer. Took about 5.5 hours to do the full loop.

Thursday, March 09, 2017

great hike with many many options in trails and beautiful! green,green and more green! Great views of the snow capped mountains

Sunday, August 14, 2016

could not find trail head. no areas for parking. Waste of time.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Empty. Hot. North Ridge Trail is closed, so did an out-and-back via Telegraph Canyon trail to Four Corners. It's all hard-packed or loose sand. Rough on you feet. I rarely get blisters, but have at least three across both feet. Breezes in the canyon are few, and mostly hot. Up at Four Corners, there's a nice picnic shelter with portable toilet. Breezes ate cooler and were constant today (July). Temps were low- to mid-90s. Since the trail is a wide truck/dozer trail, it's even hotter. Heat reflects off the trail, and trees are sparse. Look for the windmill in a tree. There's a water trough for horses hidden in the brush. Scared the .... outta me when it started spinning and rotating...like a rusty metal monster coming to life.

Great trail for training if you need heat acclimation without too much elevation change. Not a fun family romp. It's work.

Definitely stop in at the Discovery Center before the trailhead. Air-conditioned, educational exhibits, and very friendly folks. They have maps of the trails, and estimated mileages for out-and-back to several points.

Bathrooms are plumbed. Cold water in the sink. Flushing toilets. I felt spoiled compared to other trails.

Will definitely do this trail and others again. Great way to add mileage without fighting crowds and parking.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Good and fun. I enjoy this hike every time I go to top of the world.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Great en easy to the beginner.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Good trail that overlooks Chino Hills/Ontario area toward Mt. Baldy to the north and on the south overlooks Anaheim Hills and Yorba Linda/91 freeway.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Great trail for runners, uphill grade is slow and not too challenging. Ran a 10 mile out and back. Definitely enjoyed the views once we hit the top. Best to run in the early morning to beat the heat.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pleasant hike if you hit the trail first thing in the morning. My boys and I have hiked this trail several times and on our most recent hike we were the first ones on the trail. Observed tracks from several animals, including mule deer, coyotes, snakes, lizards, birds, and rabbits. We also had a coyote trot right past us. It's a fairly easy trail though I wouldn't recommend it on a warm day. Also it's important to keep an eye out for rattlesnakes and cyclists. Overall it's a great hike with some beautiful vegetation and interesting wildlife.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Really nice and maintained trail. Lots of bikers and hikers. Overall not a hike I'd recommend for the summer months. Los of vegetation and animals. I saw a coyote while I was here. There are numerous signs warning about mountain lions so take into account if you will visit here.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Great mellow trail for bikers or hikers. great ride in the cooler months, lots of animals and streams. family fun, but be safe and watch out for wild animals :-)

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fun trail for a beginners.

recorded hike