Taylor Mountain: Western to Eastern Route

Taylor Mountain: Western to Eastern Route is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Rosa, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trailhead address: 3820 Petaluma Hill Rd

It is steep in some spots but overall a great hike and workout! Got to the top and it was an amazing view! Great workout for my dog too.

Nice invigorating hiking trail with lots of birds and other wildlife. Can be slick in spots after rain.

A wonderful hike, so close to Santa Rosa, but you quickly forget you are near the city. Great views, good hardy climb. Bring binoculars or a telephoto lens to capture good views of the birds.

Love this trail. Perfect for cardio and the perfect distance.

I used to live in RP and I loved this trail. Good and steep for cardio and glutes and I enjoyed seeing cows and picking blackberries in the summer. Never crowded, great views and free parking near the frisbee course

wonderful views

One of the nicer hikes in santa rosa and not too far from downtown. There is a couple of spots where it gets steep, but you can take it slow. Otherwise mostly wide path and nice views when you get to the top.

Good workout!!

Great workout- took eastern trail up, steep. Nice views of town but overall pretty dry surroundings with almost no tree cover the whole way makes for a less enjoyable hike compared to others. Limited free parking along the road outside the parking lot.

Nice hike with some good views. We took the western trail up and on the way down. There isn't much tree cover so I would recommend starting somewhat early or on a cool day. The Alltrails app said it was 4.8 miles from the lower parking lot to the top and back.

Kicks your butt,but gorgeous from the top

This trail looks easy from the bottom. You soon realize it's not.

I hike this trail often. It's beautiful any time of day. Convenient and great for the whole family. Always enjoy when the cows are out.

Beautlful, scenic, nice trail..

Awesome place to hike

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

It doesn't suck

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

beautiful views.

Saturday, February 04, 2017

love biking these trail.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Amazing but hard hike to the top ! Loved it!

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Great trail, would highly recommend!!

Sunday, January 01, 2017

Sweet little hike with pretty awesome views. Happy New Year.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Beautiful hike, varied degrees of difficulty. Bike and horse trails. Best in the morning just after sunrise. Don't get too close to the cows!

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Fantastic hike!

Thursday, November 03, 2016

It's definitely runnable, especially if you run up the Western route and come down the Eastern route. Haven't been on the new extensions off the Western route yet, but that should add a few miles to the route. Views are okay; there's better sights in Santa Rosa.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

am i able to use a stroller on the trail?

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

The Eastern Trail totally kicked our ass and it was not a pretty hike by any means. Took the Western trail down and it wasn't much better. I at least want some pretty scenery when I'm huffing and puffing. We went early in the morning and it was quite foggy and overcast so we didn't get to see the view from the top but I hear it's pretty impressive. Also ran into a coyote right near the top which freaked us out a bit. Had to come back down through the same corridor of trees so we were on high alert. There are also cows all around on on the trail so watch out for them. It felt good to conquer it but I wouldn't go back.

Friday, July 01, 2016

Fun to walk by the cows but trail is hot and dry, do it on a cooler day.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

So beautiful! I felt so accomplished when I got to the end since I'm not the best of hikers and it's a pretty hard hike. Another group reached the end and started playing Work by Rihanna and gave us high fives, the cherry on top, haha.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

What a workout! Kicked my butt.