Tassajara Ridge Trail Loop

Tassajara Ridge Trail Loop is a 9.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near San Ramon, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

city walk

I hiked this Loop a few times when I could not go away to more beautiful places. It is very hot during the summer since there is no shade at all. Early spring is the best time to hike here. Also too much noise from the cars.

I use this trail everyday, typically I may start from windemere parkway or Tassajara Ridge staging area and complete till piccadilly park and then travel back home, this completes a nice loop, the trail has decent grades, is a bit technical atleast for me on some sections to run, there's plenty of cows grazing but they are harmless, be sure to slow down or halt for a few minutes if you want them to steer away if they are on your way, otherwise just walk around them, they normally protect their calves and are very peaceful; occasionally I have seen a coyote move around the area, many people have seen quite a few, it depends on the time of the day you go. If you like to trail blaze in summers, be careful, this one has no shade, I normally go on astronomical twilights in morning, I travel some distance on windemere parkway and then go to tassajara staging and then travel back down. Totally depends on where you are and what time you go - But this one has no shade. If you are a beginner and want to get into trail running, hiking, this is a great training trail for you. You will get everything here, mostly except for rocky terrain to climb.