Tamarack Flat to Yosemite Valley

Tamarack Flat to Yosemite Valley is a 16.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Yosemite Valley, California that features a waterfall. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers and primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking.

Point to Point

I hiked this route in two days and spent one night on the mountain. Starting from Tamarack Flat towards El Capitan there is a constant ascent until the highest point of the trail has been reached. Water was fairly frequent. We filled up three times in different creeks. We spent the night around El Capitan and noticed a nice camp spot towards the edge. The views throughout this hike were quite beautiful and the setting was serene. We encountered other hikers about every hour or so up until Upper Yosemite Falls where it was quite crowded during our descent. In my opinion the best views are seen once the highest point of the trail has been reached. Overall it was a physically challenging but rewarding experience. My body suffered but now a few days later I feel great!

Note: It really helps to have someone follow you into the valley to leave your car for when you finish as shuttle stops to Tamarack Flat I've been told are uncommon.