Tahquitz Canyon Loop Trail

Tahquitz Canyon Loop Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Palm Springs, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

One of the trails in Palm Springs. Open to all skill level. This is the trail that starts at the end of Mesquite Ave before arriving at Tahquitz Canyon Trailhead. $12.50 fee to hike.

First went here in the 90's when it was trespassing (sorry). So beautiful. Easy short hike to a beautiful waterfall.
Took my husband and littles a few years ago. Now maintained and they charge to get in. They put a few non natural "steps" etc to help get you to the falls. Favorite time to go is spring when the water is freezing from the warmer weather and fresh snow melt.

Wonderful walk with a chance to stand under a waterfall at the furthest point! Did at 8am with Ranger, as already 95deg F ... and it just got hotter...!

Love it. I go every time I get a chance.

This is such a pretty hike, but pretty short. We started as soon as it opened; 7:30am. Since its summer, the entrance fee is only $5 per adult. It's very easy but has some steps, which could become strenuous for anyone that isn't able to climb many stairs. The waterfall is absolutely beautiful and it's pretty chilly, but you get used to it after a minutes or so.

Perfect for someone in the Palm Springs area who wants to see a decent waterfall but doesn't want to (or can't ) put in a lot of effort. Perfect for young children..

Loved this hike! The waterfall at the top is absolutely gorgeous and I loved swimming it. People say it's cold but the air was 85 degrees so it felt refreshing to me! I would rate this hike MODERATE though, not easy! There are lots of stairs, lots of knee high steps. No problem for my sister and I, but we did have to lend a hand to my 55 yr old mother a few times. Beautiful grounds and loved hiking near the stream. I'd do it again!