Tahquitz Canyon Loop Trail

Tahquitz Canyon Loop Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Palm Springs, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

This is the trail that starts at the end of Mesquite Ave before arriving at Tahquitz Canyon Trailhead. $12.50 fee to hike.

34 minutes ago

Did it with Fam in July and was awesome....cant wait to do again in better conditions....bring picnic stuff...you will want to sit awhile and enjoy the prize

great short 2 mile loop. get there early to have some shaded trail and avoid crowds. Opens at 7:30 year round. summer admission only $5 adults and $3 youth. Beautiful scenery going into the canyon oasis. Ranger said that the falls will probably be pretty much dried up in the next few weeks. Very refreshing to take a dip after the hike in. Be sure to take time in the nature center as there is a lot of historical information.

My husband and I are visiting from Oklahoma and loved hiking this trail! The waterfall was beautiful and so fun to wade in! Highly recommend this trail!

as a beginner, this trail kicked my butt but in a good way. take snacks and water, I wore hiking boots but tennis shoes ok too. the waterfall is stunning, refreshing and a treat.
there is some rock steps incline, so be prepared, but I saw kids, elderly folks doing fine. it does cost 12$ entry, but worth it!

Loved this hike. It is an easy to moderate hike. The desert foliage and beautiful waterfall at the end - make it worth the admission price.

Staff wasn’t very friendly at visitors center seemed annoyed I was trying to ask what snake I saw on the trail when I showed them picture. I plan to return but stay clear of staff only interested in collecting money vs friendly customer service.

Lots of stairs, not great for strollers! Otherwise, beautiful hike and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the waterfall at the end. Took about an hour out and back, but depends on how long you hang out. Bring water, sunscreen, and good shoes.

Easy Hike. Saw 4 rattlesnakes. The waterfall is absolutely gorgeous!!! Beautiful views and scenery. Need to do this hike early as it was in the mid-90's by 11:30am.

Short ,but sweet some stair climbing and worth the waterfall!

Gorgeous waterfall. Easy and short hike. Take water. Apply sunscreen.

Easy and short hike. Really cool waterfall at the end of the hike. We arrived around 10:30 and there was a good amount of parking. Took about an hour from start to finish.

$12.50 to hike, at least one water bottle per person or you’re not allowed on the trail. Really easy hike, and the waterfall was beautiful. So much water! Got there early around 8:30 and there was plenty of parking but when we left around 10:30 there was not as much parking and larger crowds. Takes about one hour to hike but we took two hours to hike because we took our time and stopped at the fall for a while. The trail guide also has some interesting markers along the trail to stop at and learn a little bit about the history

A great first hike for us in Palm Springs! The waterfall was beautiful!

Nice waterfall!

Lush vegetation in the desert, two water falls and
Well maintained trails as well. Take your time and enjoy the surrounding area.

It's between easy and moderate. Beautiful! Saw 10 peninsular big horn sheep too.

Great hike! Lots of cool rocks for kids to climb on and under.

This was a great little hike. More toward moderate at there where a lot of stairs but not to bad. The south part of the loop is a bit more strenuous then the north part of the loop. But manageable. The falls were beautiful. We arrived at 9am and there were only a few people. However one the way out, approximately 10am it was heavily trafficked. Definitely get there early.

My *z

most popular hike in Palm Springs. slightly touristic. bring money for admission ($12.50). very beautiful. easy. fine valley views. must read canyon history in old newspapers at visitor center.

Loved it but if you call climbing steps is easy? Then easy it is. Me not so much

I love this hike... At the end the waterfall is beautiful... so worth it

A lovely, easy hike with a satisfying (little) waterfall at the end. Overpriced, unfortunately, hence 4 stars instead of 5.

Buenisimo!!! Gracias. Prime service.

Good trail to do with a six year old. Don’t forget the last hike in is at 330 pm and you must be out of the gate by 5 pm to avoid fees.

I loved the hike. It is a tranquil and scenic hike that leads you to a waterfall. There are a lot of hummingbirds in the area. It is worth the trip and price.

Wide Trail and elevation climbs are spread out. Waterfall was a fun treat.

Easy hike with rewarding waterfall

Great super easy hike. I like to take visitors from out of town here. Awesome when the waterfall is flowing huge..went yesterday with my dad and still some decent water flow..nothing raging and water levels around pool area super low..best to go in late spring when all snow has melted off San Jacinto Peak. Still beautiful though. I’ve run into rattle snakes here in summer time. Disappointed to see people leaving their trash along trail...people are just so disrespectful.
Pack it in and out folks!! The sign even says so!!

We did this hike yesterday! it was beautiful and good Hike! There was $12.50 admission fee per person. A little pricey in my opinon. But I'm glad to say we did it.