Tahquitz Canyon Loop Trail

Tahquitz Canyon Loop Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Palm Springs, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

This is the trail that starts at the end of Mesquite Ave before arriving at Tahquitz Canyon Trailhead. $12.50 fee to hike.

Wide Trail and elevation climbs are spread out. Waterfall was a fun treat.

Easy hike with rewarding waterfall

Great super easy hike. I like to take visitors from out of town here. Awesome when the waterfall is flowing huge..went yesterday with my dad and still some decent water flow..nothing raging and water levels around pool area super low..best to go in late spring when all snow has melted off San Jacinto Peak. Still beautiful though. I’ve run into rattle snakes here in summer time. Disappointed to see people leaving their trash along trail...people are just so disrespectful.
Pack it in and out folks!! The sign even says so!!

We did this hike yesterday! it was beautiful and good Hike! There was $12.50 admission fee per person. A little pricey in my opinon. But I'm glad to say we did it.

Beautiful hike. Very easy. There's a 12.50 fee to go through it. Overall great experience.

scenic hike great with kids

Beautiful hike, great sites and clean environment.
Definitely recommend!

Easy hike, so much fun to do with family of all ages!

Nice little trail that is not very difficult. Tour is included in admission. Ranger Mike is so knowledgeable and we had a great time.

Very pretty. Recommend doing in morning for more shade. Just to be clear...it's $12 PER PERSON! Don't forget photo ID if you plan on using a credit card...we saw people turned away for a $24 charge.

Beautiful rock formations, hummingbirds and delicate lizards.
November 14, Waterfall still flowing.

Great little trail with beautiful waterfall at the end. Costs $12.50 per person, but worth it if you are in the area. Includes a guided tour covering flora and history of the canyon. I enjoyed the tour!

$12.50 to hike. Nice waterfall/creek but too short of a hike for $

It was a nice shaded hike and not too hot. You do have to pay to hike so if you are looking for a free hike don’t come here.

This hike is short but amazing. The waterfall was super nice, the water super refreshing.

If anyone was there between the hours of 3:30-4:30 on 9/10 I want to know if you made it out alive? The flash flooding washed out the trail for my 16 y/o nephew, baby brother, and I. We barely made it out, one of the scariest most intense things I've done thus far!!! The legend of Tahquitz is real, and he did not want us there!!!

Loved this trail !! Def do it again !! Make sure you take enough water and your swimsuit if going into the waterfall !!

Pretty short hike, but still worth it. Great for kids due to the distance, wild mountain goat sightings, and refreshing waterfall.

First went here in the 90's when it was trespassing (sorry). So beautiful. Easy short hike to a beautiful waterfall.
Took my husband and littles a few years ago. Now maintained and they charge to get in. They put a few non natural "steps" etc to help get you to the falls. Favorite time to go is spring when the water is freezing from the warmer weather and fresh snow melt.

Wonderful walk with a chance to stand under a waterfall at the furthest point! Did at 8am with Ranger, as already 95deg F ... and it just got hotter...!