Tahquitz Canyon Loop Trail

Tahquitz Canyon Loop Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Palm Springs, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

One of the trails in Palm Springs. Open to all skill level. This is the trail that starts at the end of Mesquite Ave before arriving at Tahquitz Canyon Trailhead. $12.50 fee to hike.

Love it. I go every time I get a chance.

This is such a pretty hike, but pretty short. We started as soon as it opened; 7:30am. Since its summer, the entrance fee is only $5 per adult. It's very easy but has some steps, which could become strenuous for anyone that isn't able to climb many stairs. The waterfall is absolutely beautiful and it's pretty chilly, but you get used to it after a minutes or so.

Perfect for someone in the Palm Springs area who wants to see a decent waterfall but doesn't want to (or can't ) put in a lot of effort. Perfect for young children..

Loved this hike! The waterfall at the top is absolutely gorgeous and I loved swimming it. People say it's cold but the air was 85 degrees so it felt refreshing to me! I would rate this hike MODERATE though, not easy! There are lots of stairs, lots of knee high steps. No problem for my sister and I, but we did have to lend a hand to my 55 yr old mother a few times. Beautiful grounds and loved hiking near the stream. I'd do it again!

It's $12.50 to enter but the views and waterfall are breathtaking. Would go again!

Easy but beautiful hike. At first I thought the $12.50 entry fee was excessive but after finishing the hike, I felt it was well worth the price of a cocktail! Do spend time to look at the exhibits in the visitor center to learn more about the history of the canyon and its people. Take time on your hike to observe the bighorn sheep grazing on the mountain.

$12.50 per person.

This was a nice hike in Palm Springs. We saw mountain goats on the side of the canyon. The water was high and flowing fast. The water fall was great. We walked into the water, but it was freezing cold. We did do some climbing on the rocks along the trail. I'd give it 5 stars if it wasn't $12.50 per person to hike this relatively short trail. For much less money you can hike many more miles of trails in Palm Canyon, Andreas Canyon and Murray Canyon.