Tahoe -Yosemite Trail to Rubicon Lake

Tahoe -Yosemite Trail to Rubicon Lake is a 15.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tahoma, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great lil hike, brought my 8 year old son on his first two nighter backpacking trip and granted some of the uphill realllyy wore on him, I prepared ahead and planned to carry his tiny lil backpack for him for parts of the way. Dogs allowed, but definitely no fires allowed. Was out there for a meteor shower and while I didn’t see anything, it was beautiful at night

Pretty easy low maintenance hike! Only hiked 12 today. It's about 4.5 to the first lake. We drove up from sac and spent about 4 hours on the trail.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I didn't get to rubicon lake since it was time to return on my day hike but Crag lake and Stoney lakes were beautiful. The hike itself was easy. Took me 4 hours 20 min round trip and the total of 12 miles. Next time I will leave earlier so that I can get to Rubicon Lake.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Awesome and beautiful. Camped two nights at rubicon. Very fun.