Tahoe Vista Trail

Tahoe Vista Trail is a 8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Kings Beach, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I did this trail on 8/20/17. The wildflowers were already gone, but it was still a great hike. I'll summarize the comments I found most helpful:
-This is Tahoe Rim Trail. Arrive early because parking fills up. Make sure you start your hike on the side of the highway heading UP the hill!
-Contrary to what other commenters said, this out and back DOES end with a view (at the turnaround point). You'll know you're close when you start hiking up the very rocky hillside - then will be rewarded with a beautiful view of Lake Tahoe.
-You can turn left to head up the 1/2 mile on Spur View Trail to have a shorter hike and a still lovely view.
-As others said, there is no water source so bring plenty of water.

I hiked this trail alone without poles and found that I didn't need them. There is some gradual uphill most of the way out but it is not so steep that I wasn't able to keep up a good pace. I am sure it is an even more beautiful hike when the flowers are blooming. It was relatively secluded and I ran into very few people after I passed Spur View Trail. I recommend this hike!

Beautiful long hike but bring water. The wildflowers are fabulous right now. We went all the way to Watson lake and back which was 12 miles round trip

Our 18 year old sons managed it with ease. Dad and I made it with some altitude issues, but it was well worth it. The boys took the short 1/2 mile Spur View detour and loved it.

The Tahoe Vista Trail is actually the Tahoe Rim Trail. It is beautiful and covered with wildflowers, particularly in the flat areas, in July. If you are looking for the beautiful panoramic views of Lake Tahoe, you actually need to take a short side trail called "the spur view trail." This trail is 1/2 mile out and back and worth doing.