Table Rock and Palisades Trail to Oat Hill Mine is a 19 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Calistoga, California that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Use the parking area at the top of the Calistoga Grade/Lake County Highway. Follow the signs for the Table Rock Trail. You will pass through an area known as the Labyrinth, it will be self explanatory. Continue on down to the south and you will begin to see the outcropping of Table Rock. After Table Rock, continue south on the Palisade Trail to Oat Hill Mine Road. Make a right on Oat Hill Mine Road and that will take you to the base of the mountain in Calistoga. This is a strenuous hike with a rocky trail, deep gullies, and narrow ledges.

The hardest hike I have ever been on, I parked in Calistoga and went up from there, it was brutal and beautiful.
I went alone but not the smartest idea for this trail.
Be very careful the last mile below table rock, there are 3 wrong trails you could get on accidentally that can run you into trouble if you took it too far. Watch your map closely in this section.
Bring 2 to 3L of water it took me about 5+ hours to complete. But well worth the long trip

I found this hike to be very well marked and easy to follow, with plenty of signs including mileage. Limited but free parking off the side of the road with trailhead on the right side of the road coming from Santa Rosa. Truly wonderful hike, I did it in the late afternoon and early evening and recommend this time of day as it’s not too hot and the light was beautiful.

The trail after Table Rock is in pretty poor condition and hard to find. Definitely have the map handy. I ended up loosing the trail completely and only doing about 11 miles. I’ll have to go back when there are less leaves and brush or with someone who knows the trail well. But the views and the labyrinth are amazing and worth the sunny hillsides.

We only did the trail from the top to the bottom. Not sure how it says 19 miles. The markers says 2.2 miles to table rock and once to table rock it says it’s 8.2 miles to Calistoga I believe. The palisades trail portion in between table rock and oat hill mine trail is in very bad shape. Trees down that you have to climb through and lost the trail 2-3 times. Beautiful views though.

The section between the labyrinth and table rock is in poor condition which adds to the difficulty. The views are excellent.

This trail is stunning - both the views and the variety of terrain you’ll encounter: many exposed roots and rocks of all types (small, large, jagged, smooth, loose and secure). This was definitely “difficult” with several sections not runnable. I was not feeling well and had to hike/walk more than I planned and didn’t complete the entire Out and Back. There are sections where I had to scramble through larger rocks and downed trees, which made it easy to go off course if you’re not paying attention (like me). Fortunately I had just purchased the PRO version and had downloaded the map so I was able to bushwhack and find another switchback of the trail.

One of my favorite hikes of all time but it does require you to pay close attention to where you place your feet and your poles if you use them. From Table Rock TH down to Oathill Mine TH, the elevation change is not that great, maybe 500 ft all in all. But the terrain is "busy". An unrelenting rock and boulder party there to trip you up at every step. Some scrambling but nothing technical. The views are spectacular and because many people dislike the terrain, it's rarely busy.

This is the best hike I’ve been on in a long time. It’s true hiking trails. No paved roads. You have to pass over streams and climb down rocks and exposed tree roots. It is a tough hike with beautiful views.

Stunning views, moderate difficulty. I was glad to have hiking boots rather than my typical trail runners, especially for parts of the trail a few miles beyond Table Rock. We did this hike in November & it was a great time of year to appreciate the fall leaves, hills slowly turning green, and the cool weather. I'm not sure that I would repeat this hike mid-summer as many miles are along exposed hillsides.
A welcomed surprise was the ice cold pint from the pizza joint we enjoyed across the street from the trail head on the Calistoga side...such a nice way to end the 11+ mile journey!

Saturday, September 09, 2017

2.5 hours round trip. At times I wasn't sure if I was going the correct way. More difficult than I thought. Need good shoes and at least 2L of H2O!

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

This is hands down my favorite area in the Sonoma/Napa area.

Outstanding views of the Palisades (unless you go on a foggy day), lots of huge rock features, and tons of plant life. Redwoods, ferns, wildflowers, etc.

I would recommend sturdy boots, as after you reach Table Rock the trail gets quite technical.

I think you can connect this trail to Oat Mine Hill trail and hike down to the parking lot for that trailhead. Great if you want a full day hike, and have someone to pick you up!

I would not recommend this trail for young children, anyone with any recent ankle injuries, or for someone seeking an easy hike.

The beginning of this trail is fairly easy, but there are very steep, technical portions. For intermediate hikers, and adventurous folks...you just can't beat this trail in this area.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Came here last week when it was a bit foggy. There were very few people on the trail and it was absolutely gorgeous with the fog all around during the ascent. Good workout and Calistoga has a lovely down town to see after the hike. I'm coming back tomorrow and look forward to spending more time on the trail.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Very nice hike. Lots of huge rocks to climb

Friday, July 01, 2016

Long, hard and hot but Pallisades are spectacular

Monday, April 04, 2016

Our group did this as a shuttle hike. On the initial part of the trail make sure to keep right and look for the sign post. We didn't and it cost us the out and back oops that you see on the track. This is a serious and fairly technical hike due to the surfaces that you are walking on. Great views not only from the top of Table Rock but also along the Palisades trail.

Sunday, August 06, 2017