Sycamore Canyon Park Trail

Sycamore Canyon Park Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near March Air Reserve Base, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Local trail. Cute for a picnic as well!

I enjoyed , it was a good workout

Started off steep but it was pretty cool after that. Seen a lot of lizards and squirrels. Nice view from the benches

Beautiful view and no rocks. Smooth trail.

One of my all time favorite local trails! Amazing views and makes a great daily hike to work on that cardio!

Went off main loop trail, had a great 4 hour hike!

Nice trail to walk and hike. Hidden river was amazing place to take a break. Many Coyotes in the area but pretty fun trail for bicycling

I liked this trail hike, there are a lot of trails going all over these little hills. So I just picked one and walked. I found the creek, it was a bit steep and rocky to get down to, but very nice down there. I loved how easy it is to find and park. All the different routes made it more interesting. I believe the sign said there’s 25 miles worth of trail.

First timer... Place is awesome

Fun with lots of options

Friday, June 16, 2017

Great rolling hills and constant elevation changes. Watch for snakes spring through fall.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Great for Mountain Biking! If you're going yo go during the afternoon, bring sunscreen!

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Great place for unwinding

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Nice trail. Lots of trails to choose from, depending how far you want to go. We went about noon on a Sunday and there were very little people on the trail. There is no shade, so as the temperature gets warmer either go first thing in the morning or around sunset.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Love this place been back here several times the views are gorgeous thanks to all the rain... and its such a great work out.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

nice views

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Great scenery and great places to explore

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Nice park. Good hiking trails.

Monday, January 09, 2017

I loved this hiked. The trails are endless. Great for all ages.

Thursday, December 01, 2016

This is a easy to tough hike. You can choose many trails to make it easy or hard. Some trails dead end. If your not on a time schedule, enjoy the journey. If so stay on the main trail which is pretty wide. I hiked this trail and did the loop of 4.3 miles. Saw a totally of 3 other individuals the hold hike. It was a great day!

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Good trails nice view of the sunset

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

fun and levels of difficulty for everyone

Sunday, July 10, 2016

very challenging at beginning.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Nice casual trail walk to get me back on track.

Friday, July 01, 2016

This one of my favorite "quick hikes"- There are small waterfalls along the way along with great views of downtown Riverside, Mt Rubidoux, Canyon Crest Golf course, etc. There is a nature center at the main entrance along with a variety of paths to choose from. Its located very close to the Canyon Crest Towne Center. Watch out for Rattlesnakes , other than that it's a very safe place to hike for any skill level.

Friday, April 08, 2016

Not much of a hike but it is a nice walk. Just watch out for rattlesnakes.

Saturday, April 02, 2016

very nice trails great views saw a coyote along the way

Monday, December 15, 2014

A kid in a security truck spied on us the whole way and then yelled at us, said she would call the cops on us. Don't think she really knew what her job was. I told her to go ahead and call and then she continued to spy but didn't approach is again.

Friday, December 27, 2013

My teen-aged daughter and I did this hike this morning and quite enjoyed ourselves. We encountered five solo mountain bikers and one hiker. The terrain was dry but has patches of green due to recent rains. I imagine this will be a beautiful place in a month with a couple of more rains. We did not see any wildlife except some birds, a pair of cranes being some of them. It was quite a peaceful hike, which was the perfect place for mother-daughter time.

Monday, November 11, 2013

While the physical landscape of the park is dry and very brown, the trails meet all the practicalities for trail running. The paths are wide enough to maneuver around mountain bikers and walkers. Also, there are great aerial views of the city and nearby mountains.

I accessed the trails at an entrance behind Sycamore Highlands Park. There is street parking and water fountains there.