Sycamore Canyon Extended Trail

Sycamore Canyon Extended Trail is a 7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Riverside, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

One of the parks in Riverside. Open all year to everybody. As the largest open space reserve in Riverside, path is crisscrossed with multiple trails and fire roads. Largely undeveloped, the trails feature arroyos with desert plant and animal life.

This is a really pretty park. If you are feeling like having a leisure walk then a few laps around it should do. Now if you feel like getting a better workout the trails are amazing. The steady incline and descend of the trails offers a great workout.

We went hiking with my Wifey, . I have my tactical sling pack with some edc items and a 2 water bottle with no food .My wife did not bring any item (Just herself) .We started at around 9:00 am, We started at Alessandro point and and trail started as easy with some moderate uphills and down hills. Wre have a nice conversation while hiking when suddenly we are not seeing a trail anymore. We went to the hardest part of the trail with steep hills and saw some tracks that made by some people who had lost their way too. We decided to go down to the arroyo which is the hardest part because you have to fight with the bushes and brushes while making your own path. I slid a couple of times but my wife who is wearing just a rubber shoes and a tight leggings managed to come down of the hill without sliding. By the way, I'm wearing a hiking mid shoes with tactical pants and a tactical sling pack with some edc items on me. The arroyo is a beatiful and peaceful place, a nice streams of water gushing down throught the rocks, but it seems that there were no hiking trail available when you decided to go back to the trail so we decided to climb on the steepest and rockiest side of the arroyo just to get out of that place. We just admitted to ourselves that we are lost. We are on a verge of calling 911 but it will be a dumbest thing to do that since we are just on a small hiking trail in the middle of Riverside city. So we decided to use google map and we tried to reach the nearest road to get back to the civilization. Luckily we found a trail that leads us to canyon crest road. Since we parked our car on the other side of the hiking trail, we just walked from canyon crest road to mission grove, back to allesandro avenue which made our hiking more challenging and difficult and by the time we reached our car it is already past 1:00 pm. We learned our lessons not to underestimate any kind of trail especially you are new to that trail. My wife sustained some minor scratches on her legs, her shoes is not appropriate for the trail and we did not bring any kind of light snacks or food. We just brought 2 water bottles for a more than 4 hours of hike. All in all, the trail is a challenging one if you go deeper on the trail.

Great sunset Views!

This is a nice hike. Challenging, that gives you periods of flat rolling hills.!

So many paths. You chose how long you want to be out there. Awesome trail.

Nice hiking trails. You can go for miles & miles. Moderate. Not too hard of a hike.

Monday, November 07, 2016

The Sycamore Canyon State Ecological Reserve is at the extreme southern portion of Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park in the city of Riverside. There is a hike around it it's boundary (which I did this morning) and several hikes through the heart of it where you can see a variety of wildlife and chaparral which was typical of this area prior to development. This hike makes for a beautiful morning dog walk. This is a very easy, quick hike.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

nice place long lots of trails and options absolutely zero shad though and not a whole lot of scenery

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Walked from Barton Road off of Allesandro Boulevard to the nature center on Central Avenue via the west side of the park. Perfect day, perfect weather. Everything in the park is turning green and there's plenty of water in the arroyos. Three bridges trail is as challenging as ever. Nice hike.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

This route goes from the nature center on Central Avenue to Allesandro Boulevard along the eastern perimeter of Sycamore Canyon Park. It starts with a rather vigorous climb for a couple of miles and then rolls through valleys and hills. Recent rains have filled the arroyos with plenty of water. Nice hike.

Friday, November 06, 2015

Quick 2.5 mile walk up from Central Avenue almost to the bench. Beautiful day, deep blue skies... Who could ask for more?

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Invigorating.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

My kids and I hiked this trail and it was so much fun. There are so many different paths you can chose. Beautiful views of Riverside. Very peaceful.

Sunday, May 03, 2015

all i can say is

Friday, March 20, 2015

Amazing trail with my dog.

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Sycamore Canyon is a preservation of natural Riverside wildlife, from wildflowers to native lizards. Be prepared for an adventure; exploring the hills and trails can be exciting, but also dangerous. Take precautions by walking with a companion, carrying water, wear proper shoes and stay on the marked trails. Respect the park and the animals that make it their home. There are several trailheads along each border of the park, and many trails to discover. This is a great day-hike area for the whole family. Bring the dog!

Monday, August 18, 2014

one of my favorite rides - this area has a TON of trails to ride with something for every skill level. I would consider this a "safe ride" since u are basically smack dab in the middle of civilization, there is housing, businesses, and major roadways on all side so in the event of an unexpected situation you are close to help. Very great area for every one wether you are looking for a challenging ride, or a casual cruise on the trail. HIGHLY recommended for all, really great for beginners or first timers looking to learn and improve their skills.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Went here around 5:30 p.m. Hardly anyone there. More MTBs than hikers. It's a good workout with lots of inclines. Brought my pup and he had fun as well. Spring time is a nice time to go.