Sycamore Canyon Extended Trail

Sycamore Canyon Extended Trail is a 7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Riverside, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

One of the parks in Riverside. Open all year to everybody. As the largest open space reserve in Riverside, path is crisscrossed with multiple trails and fire roads. Largely undeveloped, the trails feature arroyos with desert plant and animal life.

This is a really pretty park. If you are feeling like having a leisure walk then a few laps around it should do. Now if you feel like getting a better workout the trails are amazing. The steady incline and descend of the trails offers a great workout.

We went hiking with my Wifey, . I have my tactical sling pack with some edc items and a 2 water bottle with no food .My wife did not bring any item (Just herself) .We started at around 9:00 am, We started at Alessandro point and and trail started as easy with some moderate uphills and down hills. Wre have a nice conversation while hiking when suddenly we are not seeing a trail anymore. We went to the hardest part of the trail with steep hills and saw some tracks that made by some people who had lost their way too. We decided to go down to the arroyo which is the hardest part because you have to fight with the bushes and brushes while making your own path. I slid a couple of times but my wife who is wearing just a rubber shoes and a tight leggings managed to come down of the hill without sliding. By the way, I'm wearing a hiking mid shoes with tactical pants and a tactical sling pack with some edc items on me. The arroyo is a beatiful and peaceful place, a nice streams of water gushing down throught the rocks, but it seems that there were no hiking trail available when you decided to go back to the trail so we decided to climb on the steepest and rockiest side of the arroyo just to get out of that place. We just admitted to ourselves that we are lost. We are on a verge of calling 911 but it will be a dumbest thing to do that since we are just on a small hiking trail in the middle of Riverside city. So we decided to use google map and we tried to reach the nearest road to get back to the civilization. Luckily we found a trail that leads us to canyon crest road. Since we parked our car on the other side of the hiking trail, we just walked from canyon crest road to mission grove, back to allesandro avenue which made our hiking more challenging and difficult and by the time we reached our car it is already past 1:00 pm. We learned our lessons not to underestimate any kind of trail especially you are new to that trail. My wife sustained some minor scratches on her legs, her shoes is not appropriate for the trail and we did not bring any kind of light snacks or food. We just brought 2 water bottles for a more than 4 hours of hike. All in all, the trail is a challenging one if you go deeper on the trail.

Great sunset Views!

This is a nice hike. Challenging, that gives you periods of flat rolling hills.!

So many paths. You chose how long you want to be out there. Awesome trail.