Sycamore Canyon Trail

Sycamore Canyon Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Whittier, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This was my second trip here. I came with my 3 boys yesterday (ages 15, 11 & 6) They loved it! It's not hard, however we did not go up the mountain on Sycamore and continued on Dark Canyon instead. It's a nice workout still but will have to make that trip up the mountain myself soon. For the last 3 weeks, I had been walking inside Rose Hills cemetery and even though I love it there, Sycamore is my new favorite. Except for the poop here and there, it's great! It's very peaceful here!

We drove around for 10 minutes and still couldn't find the entrance. Never going to this cemetery again.

If you're out of shape and there's really hot weather, bring a lot of water! First time I hiked this last winter it was a breeze up and down. Hiked this again yesterday afternoon with the addition of taking on Skyline Drive and checking out the Sycamore water tower as well as the Turnbull water tower--I felt like I had just hiked Mt. Baldy again. But it was definitely worth it! Be prepared and stay hydrated, folks!