Sycamore Canyon Trail

Sycamore Canyon Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Whittier, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

I've been coming here for the past two years but I've lived in this area for over 20 years. I wish I'd known about this fantastic trail filled with all forms of nature and beautiful terrain. Great hiking when feeling not so much like mountain hiking. There is tons of poison oak so stay on the trail. I usually feel safe coming here by myself taking photography shots. Just always be aware of your surroundings, that's all I have to say about safety.
Love this place! :)

I love that it’s kid friendly.

This was my second trip here. I came with my 3 boys yesterday (ages 15, 11 & 6) They loved it! It's not hard, however we did not go up the mountain on Sycamore and continued on Dark Canyon instead. It's a nice workout still but will have to make that trip up the mountain myself soon. For the last 3 weeks, I had been walking inside Rose Hills cemetery and even though I love it there, Sycamore is my new favorite. Except for the poop here and there, it's great! It's very peaceful here!

We drove around for 10 minutes and still couldn't find the entrance. Never going to this cemetery again.