Switzer Falls via Gabrielino Trail

Switzer Falls via Gabrielino Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Wilson, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a relatively easy hike into one of the loveliest sections of the San Gabriel mountains. The hike meanders back and across the stream running down the spectacular Arroyo Seco Canyon. The stream is lined with oaks and alder, with the water cascading over granite into mirror-like pools. The hike travels high above the 50 foot high Switzer falls, then drops back to the stream, where hikers can double back to stand at the base of the falls. After seeing the falls, travel down stream to the intersection with Bear Canyon, and travel up this spectacularly wild, steep walled canyon for another half mile or so to enjoy its wonders. More adventuresome hikes can continue up Bear Canyon for 2 miles to Bear Camp.

Fantastic trail, mostly shade. Get there early cause parking lots fill up.

I did this hike with my family including my 3 kids. They were brave and finished the hike, which was tiresome on the return because of the incline. Alot of poison ivy and some small snakes along the way. Weather was great, and trail was busy for the most part.

Great hike. my kids loved it and my dog enjoyed it aswell. Hike wasnt to hard. There is shade for most of the hike.

Great hike in the summer. The tree cover makes it cool. But watch for poison oak of the trail.

One of the best hiking trails! part of the trail is shadowed the other part is up and down but so narrow! just keep in mind you need to purchase a daily pass before you get there if not you might got a ticket! have hiking shoes because all half of the trail you have water and you need to cross the water but thew view and the waterfall is amazing!

There were quite a few bugs but the view of the mountains was beautiful.

What a beautiful area! A stream running through the entire walk leading up to a small but lovely waterfall. Decent elevation, inclining slowly but surely. Lots of tree cover so you're not baking in the sun until you get very far along the trail. Wonderful hiking trail.

Get a parking pass! Make sure you drive all the way down to park near the start, saves time. Great sceneries, shaded trail for about half the the way. Clear running water most of the trail. Water fall is nice, you can go into the base of the waterfall when water is at a high level. 10/10 would recommend.

So beautiful, we went first thing in the morning & it was perfect. So fun to explore! We found both waterfalls, it took us about 4 hours but we did get a little turned around & took our time to stop when we saw a pretty view!

Fun to walk. Great for beginners.

Beautiful magical fairy land

love it

Amazing trail. Best if you have water resistant shoes. Sad the people leave trash all over the place, but the NPS does a good job, as always, keeping it nice.

We loved it !!

Love it definitely going back our furry babies love the adventure

this was a really nice hike but if you're going to go to the big waterfall after the smaller one make sure you are in shape and you have friends with you because it's slippery and it can be dangerous

Loves this hike. Took us about an hour, we didn’t quite get to the falls because we got lost. Sometimes we couldn’t find the right path to take. But I absolutely loved the views. It was fairly easy.

Great shaded hike with multiple water crossings. Can be packed.

Was really busy but the trail was easy and a nice walk.
I would definately recommend carrying on up the waterfalls to the biggest 1. had the whold place to ourselves for around an hour in the middle of a Sat - was wonderful!

Had a great time, took my dog who was absolutely pooped afterwards, will definitely be back

Easy trail! A little bit harder, but manageable, if you go all the way up and around to the falls. Make sure to hike along the right side of the first waterfall you come to and keep going. The second waterfall is the 50ft one about an 1/8 of a mile further.

I shot a bunch of video on this trail and compiled it into a vlog, called trail mix. This is episode 3!
You can check it out here: https://youtu.be/-5Acb-3FSm8

PS: Here's a playlist to bring with you, inspired by this trail: http://sptfy.com/1US5

Happy hiking!

Best,
Eric eyelove

It was a great day. The trail was gorgeous. The falls were fun. Loved it all

Easy trail. My 10 and 5 year old kids and my dog loved the water and all the opportunities to get wet! Nicely shaded.

Awesome place to hike, a little bit a challenge when you past the paved area and crossing thru streams but lots of fun

Beautiful forest trail. There are several shallow stream crossings and some spots along high ledges. As an experienced day hiker, I found this to be on the easier side. Parking can be more challenging on weekends. You'll need to buy a $5 day pass.

Loved this hike

Fun, fairly easy hike! There's great shade for most of the trail, and a few creek crossings. If you have decent balance you can just hop between rocks to logs and easily cross without getting wet. Pretty decent water flow at the falls once you arrive also. I climbed up to the mini upper falls and explored that area some too. No bugs yet!

I enjoyed this hike. I went with a group of friends and we had an amazing time. Just make sure to take tennis because there are a lot of rocks and you have to jump over the river a few times. It was a very intense hike, sad part is that one of my friends lost his phone in the waterfall :( we couldn’t find it and the water was super cold..
p.s. if you find a black Samsung s8 phone please contact my account or email me at paulinatita@yahoo.com THANK YOU!!

Great hike, going towards the falls was harder than coming back from the falls. Part of it you have to cross rocks and the stream, the other part is when the sun hits you and it’s all rocks. Overall great hike.

Super fun hike! Prepare to jump the stream many many times till you get to the falls. I recommend waterproof shoes for sure on this trail. Lots of jumping from rocks and branches. Enjoyed it very much.