Switzer Falls via Gabrielino Trail

Switzer Falls via Gabrielino Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Wilson, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a relatively easy hike into one of the loveliest sections of the San Gabriel mountains. The hike meanders back and across the stream running down the spectacular Arroyo Seco Canyon. The stream is lined with oaks and alder, with the water cascading over granite into mirror-like pools. The hike travels high above the 50 foot high Switzer falls, then drops back to the stream, where hikers can double back to stand at the base of the falls. After seeing the falls, travel down stream to the intersection with Bear Canyon, and travel up this spectacularly wild, steep walled canyon for another half mile or so to enjoy its wonders. More adventuresome hikes can continue up Bear Canyon for 2 miles to Bear Camp.

Great hike with awesome views of the mountains. Lots of shade and you follow a creek the whole time. Really enjoyed this hike.

great track. I love it! we were here today (Saturday) and it wasn't busy. I haven't seen any bugs...

It was harder than I expected as this was my third small hike. I didn’t make it to the falls and I would not rate this as easy. The incline was challenging for me. Like I said I am a beginner and am also hiking for weight loss so those can also factor in but all in all grateful I did the hike.

Love this hike!

Great view

Great trail for families. Limited parking in the two lower lots, so go early or mid day hoping to catch people leaving. Need to buy a pass which I think you can do at the top of the hill of the main road.

The trail itself is well maintained and beautiful.

Bugs are bountiful. Bring a bug net if you don’t want them flying up your nose and down your throat. Water levels are pretty low for this time of the year given the lack of rain, but there are still a couple of stream crossings

This is a mountain bike trail. We hiked 5 miles and never found the falls.

Pretty decent trail. Lots of traffic even on a week day. Make sure to stay left at the junction.. that'll take you to the falls. As some have said, there are some drops so watch your step. Lots of creek crossings so be prepared to navigate your way thru them.

A fun, doable hike with a great scenery. A lot of shade and going in cool weather is ideal. Just make sure to be careful on the cliffs- some steep spots.

Nice family hike, including our dog. Would likely do it again.

Great hike. Really good canyon views, although some steep edges. The mapped trail on here stops about 0.4 miles before the waterfall, though, so budget some time.

Beautiful hike in one of the prettiest areas of the forest. There is a small section where the trail gets very narrow with sheer cliffs and I would warn people whom are uneasy with heights or with small children to be very mindful.

Beautiful weather and it was real fun.

Fun for family, some Creek crossings

Pretty nice walk!

This is a great beginners hike ! I took my friends, who haven’t hiked for years, to this trail and they loved it. It was reasonably challenging for them, and the nature was just gorgeous !

Nice, easy trail. Don’t forget to get a day or annual pass from the visitor center before you park.

The trail it’s so beautiful and the fall is changing your can’ connect with nature