Sweetwater Trail

Sweetwater Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Spring Valley, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until June. Horses are also able to use this trail.

This is one of my first MTB trails and I would have to say this good track trail to start with if you are new to MTBing. The loop around the Golf Course is very easy, although you can take it up a notch if you want want to venture more East towards the Sweetwater Campground (where all the climbing begins).

We love to take this hike, do it about once or twice a month..

beautiful views perfect for running

good ride kind of quick super fast comi g down

It was a very hard trial, but also very fun to do. I saw a lot of wildlife there. Like a rattlesnake. You are going to have so much fun on this trial

Nice and easy but not very natural and lots of trash in the river which makes it pretty gross to look at at times. Good running trail and looks fun on a bike (easy, flat).

Wednesday, December 07, 2016

I took my 7 yr old he had fun it has beautiful view all around.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Very fun ride!

Monday, January 11, 2016

Nice and easy hike!!!

Sunday, November 22, 2015

We started from a park where MORRISON POND is and followed the trail. it's a very nice hike and then you head up to the sweetwater lake. you'll be able to see more trails just past the I125 freeway. there's an RV camping ground there. my wife and I enjoyed the hike there and I was tracking it till my cell phone battery went out. nice hike. it does get hot so overcast days a must. dog and kid friendly,but be minful of snakes .I sugest you read Afoot and Afield is a book about trails in San Diego.

Friday, October 09, 2015

Great hike with views

Friday, August 28, 2015

This is one of those trails where you can take the easy route, or the hard route. You will usually see others out getting miles put behind them, so it's not very desolate feeling. The views are stunning, especially near sunset.

As with most trails in San Diego, if you're a geocacher, give yourself some extra time so that you can try to scoop up some yellow smiles.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I like to take beginner hikers here, because there is a little bit of everything. I know this trail like the back of my hand and can make it as long or short as it needs to be. In the spring and summer ticks run rampant in the tall grass so beware. Also in the summer months the foxtails can cause havoc with dogs so make sure to do a good check for them when you get home. The lake really is more of a view rather than a destination, but the pick-nick table at the top of the hill is a nice place to rest on a hot day. There is not much shade so bring water!

Monday, November 04, 2013

Very good hike, took the baby for a trip, he got on a horse, and the view on cactus hill is beautiful.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

This trail was very nice. Not crowded when I went on a Monday afternoon. Pleasant views of golf course, nature and animals. I took my dog for a jog, we will definitely be back soon!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I'm early morning hiker, the trail was wide open. You may see cars park inline waiting for the gate to open for fishing. This trail is easy to follow the first part will be next to a fence and you'll pass a old house. The trail will go through some heavy grass area and then up a hill. I did see a deer which quickly left after spotting me. The front part of the trail doesn't have much to offer, but the next part has some trees, and area were there was a farm long time ago. You'll find a rest area that is cover and will allow you to rest and enjoy the view of the lake.