Sunset Peak Trail

Sunset Peak Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Baldy, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

1 hour ago

1 hour ago

Great trail to hike with your dog. very light traffic. terrific views along most of the trail. Very easy trail, good for relaxing.

Great hike up! Easy trail but up all the way. Very lightly traveled this weekend. Was awesome watching the clouds roll in. Took our dogs and they loved it! Sat at the summit to eat lunch but storm was moving in too fast and we decided to pack it up early and head back down. Loved the hike - will do it again!

Great hike. Fog rolled in and the mountain played with it. I will have to do this again for the views.

I enjoyed a wonderful hike today to Sunset Peak. The weather from the city was gloomy, socked in by cloud cover. But a quick drive up Mt Baldy Road and I was above the clouds, full of sun. Temperature at the Glendora Ridge Road parking lot was 54˚ with little to no breeze. Perfect for this hike.

Trail activity was light, on the way up I think I met four hikers and three mt bikers. The view from the peak was awesome and I had it all to myself. I decided to take the fire break path back down to the trailhead and that was quite an adventure. The trekking poles came in very handy with the loose rocks, large boulders, and steep terrain going this route. It took awhile to make my way down (and up a few times), but it made the hike more interesting in the end. See photos of the cloud cover over the valley that made today's hike unique.

No good

It was really easy in the beginning to get all the way to the top. But I made it difficult coming down. I took the of trail that goes all away down on top of the fire road.if you want to make a difficult and hard so do that trail coming down.