Sullivan Canyon Trail

Sullivan Canyon Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pacific Palisades, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Free street parking

Interesting trail... a few years ago my dog found a deer leg here... yesterday we were hiking around 3pm and I spotted a mountain lion that was slightly bigger than my Weimaraner. Now I know who eats those deer....

Trail was nice but our poor dog picked up about 15 ticks :(

so nice! nice shady trail with a small stream running next to it at times. took my dog on a Saturday and it wasn't busy at all!

I'd give Sullivan Canyon 3.5 stars. For being so close to Santa Monica / West LA, it's a great distance and easily accessible. Also a big plus that dogs are allowed, albeit they must be on leash (although this is not strictly enforced).

The prettiest areas are closest to the South trailhead, and it's a nice, gradual climb. As other reviewers mentioned, it gets a bit boring after 2-3 miles. Lots of mountain bikers, and relatively shaded on and off.