Sugarpine Mountain Trail

Sugarpine Mountain Trail is a 18 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near San Bernardino, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Love it !

nice little walk

It's that time of year again, keep an ear and eye out for rattle snakes!

Good walk! Steep however. Great views.

off road driving

followed the trail for about 30 min, came to a fork, went right and ended up in a neighborhood in Crestline, then Lake Gregory, very cool, easy trail shouldn't have a problem with a 2wd truck or suv, only saw a group of 4 jeeps...road is barely washed out, I have a 4wd 4runner and it was no problem at all

too washed out for my grand Cherokee to go through

Easy hike. Some road is washed out from rain. There was a couple cars and bikes headed up too.

The trail is easy, but the elevation climb makes it moderate at best. The beautiful views, the vast amounts of water (after all of our rain this year), the good company, and the endorphins made this a a magical hike!!! We hiked 3 miles in and out.

off road driving

Was up here in 2015 Jeep Sahara. 3" lift. 35" tires. Easy trail. I can see how non 4x4 or a nonlifted 4x4 could possibly struggle. Some of the road is narrow. I only saw two other vehicles while I was there.

off road driving

great trail had fun with stock 4x4 lots of snow on top kinda risky but made it alive

off road driving

Awesome trail lots of fun, definitely coming back.

off road driving

Tried it with a stock 4WD SUV, everything was pretty easy until I reached a point a few miles up the hill where even with ~8 inches of ground clearance, it'd be too risky to go through because of the tall rocks on the trail. I'm definitely coming back when I have a skid plate. The road is mostly narrow so if you have to pass someone, it'll be a little tough but I guess that goes with the territory.