Sugarpine Mountain Trail

Sugarpine Mountain Trail is a 18 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near San Bernardino, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and off road driving and is accessible year-round.

off road driving

Easy hike. Some road is washed out from rain. There was a couple cars and bikes headed up too.

The trail is easy, but the elevation climb makes it moderate at best. The beautiful views, the vast amounts of water (after all of our rain this year), the good company, and the endorphins made this a a magical hike!!! We hiked 3 miles in and out.

off road driving

Was up here in 2015 Jeep Sahara. 3" lift. 35" tires. Easy trail. I can see how non 4x4 or a nonlifted 4x4 could possibly struggle. Some of the road is narrow. I only saw two other vehicles while I was there.

off road driving

great trail had fun with stock 4x4 lots of snow on top kinda risky but made it alive

off road driving

Awesome trail lots of fun, definitely coming back.

off road driving

Tried it with a stock 4WD SUV, everything was pretty easy until I reached a point a few miles up the hill where even with ~8 inches of ground clearance, it'd be too risky to go through because of the tall rocks on the trail. I'm definitely coming back when I have a skid plate. The road is mostly narrow so if you have to pass someone, it'll be a little tough but I guess that goes with the territory.

off road driving

Nice and easy trail with great views. Started off of Palm Ave. and ended on Cleghorn Rd. Total driving time of 3 hrs. with a few stops to take in the views and a lunch break.

Nice hike for beginners it's a little bit tough. But for an avid hiker I enjoyed it a lot nice views.

off road driving

Girlfriend and I took my 95 4Runner out for a morning trail ride. The trail is pretty fun. Mostly light driving with a few rocky spots where 4x4 is needed. Id say about 3/4 of it Was a pretty bumpy ride until I pulled over to air down my tires. The other 1/4 is smooth soft dirt. Took us maybe an hour and 15 minutes until we reach high enough to see some great views. To the south overlooked San Bernardino and to the north you can see lake silverwood. We went Monday morning at 10am and only saw 2 other vehicles. The top gets more and more beautiful as it turns to less rocks and more trees. Will definitely be going again

off road driving

Very easy trail. I only found about two side trails with more challenging hill climbs.

off road driving

When I took it I was in a 2000 Chevy metro lsi. I found it pretty easy the difficulty came from the front wheel drive. It seemed like it would be easier if the car had more clearance and if it was 4wd. Overall a very good and easy trail.

off road driving

Great trail! Amazing view! Good for beginners.. It was my first time off roading and I had a great experience. I have a 2001 Tahoe 4X4 had no issues. Also took my 5 year old he loved it! I definitely recommend it..

Went out there in my 2016 Tundra. Has a great time with my kids . Great views didn't really need the 4x4 . Lots of brush so your truck will get some scratches. (Not to deep will buff out.)