Sugarpine Mountain Trail

Sugarpine Mountain Trail is a 17.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near San Bernardino, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

This trail is great for beginners. Very rocky at some points. The only thing I didnt like was all the bushes sticking out into the road. Got the side of my trucked scratched up pretty bad and it’s unavoidable. Also be careful lots of rattlesnakes

Scenic trail

off road driving

Great Trail! Went up in a 2wd Taco, there are some pretty big ruts from the rain but they are pretty easily maneuverable. Further up the trail it gets pretty rocky so be sure to take it slow, especially if you don’t have a skid plate. It gets somewhat narrow so I did get scratched up a bit. :)

off road driving

this is a really great Trail perfect for beginner off-roaders like myself. Unfortunately because of the recent rains about a quarter of a mile into the trail there are several foot wide gashes that extend the width of the trail. my stock 4Runner was not able to continue past that point but I could easily see how if it weren't for those obstacles this would be a great beginner Trail. I plan on coming back once those obstacles are no longer there.

off road driving

I should have known that less than a week after a week or so of rain, this trail would not be "easy". 2018 FX4 leveled, I needed 4low and locker, just to turn around after less than 2 miles ... we helped a rubicon and an FJ dig out some ruts so they could continue... Maybe in a few weeks after others and the side by sides level the trail out, we will try again. Tread lightly. Peace.

off road driving

Definitely better with the Rain, Snow and Fog condition made this easy trail to a little challenging.

off road driving

Pretty nice trail just went yesterday. Some areas were a little washed out, definitely needed 4x4 in the big wash outs. Once you get to the top the trail gets pretty narrow I scratched my truck pretty good. Best thing is there was snow at the top. Super cool

off road driving

This is a gorgeous drive that's not difficult for beginners. Beautiful views of the trees w/ Inland Empire on the south side (if there's no smog) and epic views of Silverwood Lake on the north side. If you want to continue north and get all the way through, this trail will connect and proceed down to Cleghorn Rd just west of the 138. Here's how. Near end of trail, take sharp right on 2n45 aka "North Spur," proceed downhill, take sharp left on 2n59 (west) and that road continues down to Cleghorn Rd. For double the fun, go left (north) on 138 for 1.5 miles and grab the west-bound Cleghorn Mountain Trail (2n47), which dumps out on Cleghorn Rd @ I-15. Great way to spend the day and safe for the kiddos.

off road driving

I go about 9-10miles up this trail and it's so gorgeous, once you reach the top and get to the other side of the mountain where all the pine trees and wild life are it's amazing!

Easy drive, great views. 4X4 not required at all. Im a noob and just did it in a 100% bone stock F150 with 0 issues.

Pretty easy. The trail is narrow and there are dried up, sharp bushes on both sides so you'll get your vehicle scratched up. Other than that, nice view at night.

off road driving

Great trail to try, it was my first time off roading and me and the fam had loads of fun coming back down the trail. Went up in a Yukon XL 2 wheel drive and handled just fine for the most part. Got to a sketchy area and had to reverse back down to a turn out and turn around... still a noob so didn't want to risk getting stuck lol

awesome trail with a worded area at the higher elevations. Plenty of shade in the morning for the first few mikes, but hot sun for most of the middle part. The summit of Sugarpine is not really accessable due to low maintenance, save yourself the last mile or two with lots of uphill return. Water will be your savior so bring loads of it!

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Nice wide trails because it's a main fire road that has recently been leveled out a bit due to activity from recent fires.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Love it !

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

nice little walk

Thursday, June 01, 2017

It's that time of year again, keep an ear and eye out for rattle snakes!

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Good walk! Steep however. Great views.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

followed the trail for about 30 min, came to a fork, went right and ended up in a neighborhood in Crestline, then Lake Gregory, very cool, easy trail shouldn't have a problem with a 2wd truck or suv, only saw a group of 4 jeeps...road is barely washed out, I have a 4wd 4runner and it was no problem at all

Saturday, April 01, 2017

too washed out for my grand Cherokee to go through

Monday, March 13, 2017

Easy hike. Some road is washed out from rain. There was a couple cars and bikes headed up too.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

The trail is easy, but the elevation climb makes it moderate at best. The beautiful views, the vast amounts of water (after all of our rain this year), the good company, and the endorphins made this a a magical hike!!! We hiked 3 miles in and out.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Was up here in 2015 Jeep Sahara. 3" lift. 35" tires. Easy trail. I can see how non 4x4 or a nonlifted 4x4 could possibly struggle. Some of the road is narrow. I only saw two other vehicles while I was there.

Friday, December 30, 2016

great trail had fun with stock 4x4 lots of snow on top kinda risky but made it alive

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Awesome trail lots of fun, definitely coming back.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Tried it with a stock 4WD SUV, everything was pretty easy until I reached a point a few miles up the hill where even with ~8 inches of ground clearance, it'd be too risky to go through because of the tall rocks on the trail. I'm definitely coming back when I have a skid plate. The road is mostly narrow so if you have to pass someone, it'll be a little tough but I guess that goes with the territory.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Nice and easy trail with great views. Started off of Palm Ave. and ended on Cleghorn Rd. Total driving time of 3 hrs. with a few stops to take in the views and a lunch break.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Nice hike for beginners it's a little bit tough. But for an avid hiker I enjoyed it a lot nice views.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Girlfriend and I took my 95 4Runner out for a morning trail ride. The trail is pretty fun. Mostly light driving with a few rocky spots where 4x4 is needed. Id say about 3/4 of it Was a pretty bumpy ride until I pulled over to air down my tires. The other 1/4 is smooth soft dirt. Took us maybe an hour and 15 minutes until we reach high enough to see some great views. To the south overlooked San Bernardino and to the north you can see lake silverwood. We went Monday morning at 10am and only saw 2 other vehicles. The top gets more and more beautiful as it turns to less rocks and more trees. Will definitely be going again