Sugarpine Mountain Trail

Sugarpine Mountain Trail is a 18 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near San Bernardino, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

Easy drive, great views. 4X4 not required at all. Im a noob and just did it in a 100% bone stock F150 with 0 issues.

Pretty easy. The trail is narrow and there are dried up, sharp bushes on both sides so you'll get your vehicle scratched up. Other than that, nice veggie at night.

off road driving

Great trail to try, it was my first time off roading and me and the fam had loads of fun coming back down the trail. Went up in a Yukon XL 2 wheel drive and handled just fine for the most part. Got to a sketchy area and had to reverse back down to a turn out and turn around... still a noob so didn't want to risk getting stuck lol

awesome trail with a worded area at the higher elevations. Plenty of shade in the morning for the first few mikes, but hot sun for most of the middle part. The summit of Sugarpine is not really accessable due to low maintenance, save yourself the last mile or two with lots of uphill return. Water will be your savior so bring loads of it!

Nice wide trails because it's a main fire road that has recently been leveled out a bit due to activity from recent fires.

Love it !

nice little walk

It's that time of year again, keep an ear and eye out for rattle snakes!

Good walk! Steep however. Great views.

off road driving

followed the trail for about 30 min, came to a fork, went right and ended up in a neighborhood in Crestline, then Lake Gregory, very cool, easy trail shouldn't have a problem with a 2wd truck or suv, only saw a group of 4 jeeps...road is barely washed out, I have a 4wd 4runner and it was no problem at all

too washed out for my grand Cherokee to go through

Easy hike. Some road is washed out from rain. There was a couple cars and bikes headed up too.

The trail is easy, but the elevation climb makes it moderate at best. The beautiful views, the vast amounts of water (after all of our rain this year), the good company, and the endorphins made this a a magical hike!!! We hiked 3 miles in and out.

off road driving

Was up here in 2015 Jeep Sahara. 3" lift. 35" tires. Easy trail. I can see how non 4x4 or a nonlifted 4x4 could possibly struggle. Some of the road is narrow. I only saw two other vehicles while I was there.

off road driving

great trail had fun with stock 4x4 lots of snow on top kinda risky but made it alive

off road driving

Awesome trail lots of fun, definitely coming back.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Tried it with a stock 4WD SUV, everything was pretty easy until I reached a point a few miles up the hill where even with ~8 inches of ground clearance, it'd be too risky to go through because of the tall rocks on the trail. I'm definitely coming back when I have a skid plate. The road is mostly narrow so if you have to pass someone, it'll be a little tough but I guess that goes with the territory.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Nice and easy trail with great views. Started off of Palm Ave. and ended on Cleghorn Rd. Total driving time of 3 hrs. with a few stops to take in the views and a lunch break.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Nice hike for beginners it's a little bit tough. But for an avid hiker I enjoyed it a lot nice views.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Girlfriend and I took my 95 4Runner out for a morning trail ride. The trail is pretty fun. Mostly light driving with a few rocky spots where 4x4 is needed. Id say about 3/4 of it Was a pretty bumpy ride until I pulled over to air down my tires. The other 1/4 is smooth soft dirt. Took us maybe an hour and 15 minutes until we reach high enough to see some great views. To the south overlooked San Bernardino and to the north you can see lake silverwood. We went Monday morning at 10am and only saw 2 other vehicles. The top gets more and more beautiful as it turns to less rocks and more trees. Will definitely be going again