Sugar Bowl - Redwood Creek Loop

Sugar Bowl - Redwood Creek Loop is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stony Creek Village, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

I chose this hike because the reviews said it was a good place to get away from any crowds, and it definitely did not disappoint! I only saw one other person on the trail. The dirt road leading down to the trailhead is a little sketch, I briefly got stuck in a pothole on the way back up to the main road, but I still managed in my '97 Camry so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just take it slow and steady. No snow yet, and today was sunny and warm. The fall colors of the oaks were a beautiful backdrop for the towering sequoias, and you even get some panoramic views of the surrounding canyon. Loved this hike!

If you like sequoias and don't like the crowds this is the hike for you. We ran into two people all day. The were some views(all of big baldy and redwood canyon). There was sequoias the entire hike but you will know when you enter the sugarbowl. Redwood canyon itself is nice. You get to hike along a creek for a little while and the fall colors on the oaks were a nice shade of red and yellow. This was a great fall hike!

Great hike away from the crowds. We only saw 4 other people on the trail. There was grove after grove of Sequoias. It really was amazing to be in the middle of such large trees and the still quite of nature. Such a blessing to be able to experience such an amazing place!

Hiked this and Hart Tree as a loop, and camped at the trail junction. The trail goes past grove after grove of sequoias, and there are many great places to camp. Also, since the temperature has been dropping, there were no bugs!

Great loop hike, completed it in around 4 hours!! The gravel road in did have a few ruts but nothing impassible saw a mustang creep through it! Amazing sequoias trees all over An great views!! Great place to come make yourself feel small An humble!!! An also recommend taking the loop counter clockwise!!! And another big plus only passed three other folks the whole hike!! Whoa what a magical day!!!

This is a great trail in the Redwoods. We did not have bug issues as it was in the 40's temperature wise. If coming by way of Badger to the forrest road, you need a higher clearance car. The road has some washout areas and larger rocks.

As part of a Trinity Alps-King's Canyon trail maintenance crew this loop trail was our project for roughly a month back in April/May of 2015, and it's still one of my favorite trails in the King's Canyon area

My sister and I finished this trail in about 5 hours - we took several breaks. The trail itself is not difficult, but has some ups and downs, with plenty of time to recover before the next incline. If you want to see sequoia trees, this is the trail for you. There were plenty of groves on the top side, and a few down near the creek. Bring some bug spray.

We did this hike yesterday. It was great. Very peaceful. Lots of ups and downs, not too hard but definitely a work out if you keep a good pace, which we do. Beautiful views from many spots and lots of shade throughout most of the hike. Lots of wildflowers.

Hiked end of June.
The sheer majesty of the trees, stunning views and well-marked trail couldn't overcome the misery of the bugs.
Flies, bees, mosquitoes, whatever the heck else bit me. Any stop greater than 12secs u were guaranteed to be swarmed (and yes I had a can of bugspray with me- ineffective)
It's Nature. I'm not typically one who gets bothered by these things. But I did that day- and it knocked an obvious 5star trail down to a 3 for me. The wife flat-out refused to go back up into kings canyon the next day.
Is an obviously incredible trail- at the right time of year.

Loved it! The view at the top was breath taking. The last part of the trail was a difficult since it was uphill but a good workout

Wonderful hike. Beautiful Sequoias none of which have the name of a General!?!
End of loop allows for refreshing final burst. Only saw four other hikers on the whole loop. Really beautiful wild flowers.

I enjoyed. I took my younger Boy Scouts and at Mile 5.5 they were tired because the last 1 1/2 mile is uphill. So it was a little rough for them. It is June and today the weather was very cold. Roughly 40 degrees. It rained on us the last mile or so. It was very foggy because clouds had rolled in so we couldn't see much around us. Overall it's a good hike. Definite workout.

Very beautiful and quiet. Towards the end it gets you