Stream Trail to West Ridge Trail Loop

Stream Trail to West Ridge Trail Loop is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Valle Vista, California that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

We hiked the Orchard Trail to connect with the West Ridge Trail and then back down the Chown Trail. Total was about 6 miles or so. Easy hike, not difficult inclines for us. The Orchard Trail is beautiful and cool temperature because of all the shade. I actually found the West Ridge Trail boring in terms of scenery and it was much more exposed. Great location though - would do it again. Dogs loved it

Great hike! You warm up with an easy stroll along stream trail, then make the climb up to west ridge, and it's all downhill from there.

Stream trail was washed out about a mile in from the Redwood gate and there were a handful of trees down along the hike from the rainy season. But all the rain has made the forest very lush.

This hike takes you on French trail for a little bit, which is my favorite trail in the park. I've been to this park about a dozen times now, but this was my first time on Madrone Trail. So that was a nice change of pace.

A few mountain bikers came up on me at the steep descent on West Ridge. Luckily I was able to get out of the way fast because they wouldn't have been able to stop. Be careful on West Ridge as that is the part of the bike loop.

For this hike we started from the Canyon Meadow Staging Area. We walked along the Stream trail, took a left turn onto Tres Sendas trail and went up to the West Ridge trail.  From West Ridge trail we stopped at the Redwood Bowl for a short break. We continued to the Madrone trail, turned right onto the French trail.  From the French Trail we took left at the Fern trail and went down and took right at the Stream trail. From there we went back onto the Canyon Meadow Staging Area trailhead. After the recent rains, some trail was muddy and required some stream crossings. Overall it was a pleasant hike among the beautiful redwoods.